Things rly start to tick me off

MODO Hockey

Ralph's approach is that he may not be the best Xs & Os guy, but he is a motivator, he knows what to say to get guys motivated and play hard. The problem is that when results arent good, these guys get tuned out easily and players don't listen as much when the lockeroom is a mess. The dictator style of coach who runs his guys through walls for not doing what they are told usually have some success early on, but it doesn't last long as players don't enjoy it when things aren't going well. Many times, getting the dictator coach in there first to get the locker room right, then going to a motivator works good.

Problem here is that it still seems the lockeroom is a mess and things are too easy on the players. They need the discipline to know that this is their jobs and they need to give 110% for the full game or they wont be doing this much longer. The positive motivation won't work when the discipline and work ethic isn't there.....

Every morning I check this site for breaking news that someone was traded or fired.  Nothing has happened yet but these posts are the next best thing for me.  They make me feel okay with my current disdain for this team and that I'm not the only one with boiling rage.  However, the threads would be better if music was somehow tied into the first post like say with Audioslave's Cochise. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

I really think a good coach would make this team better, i have to believe it - why ? cause i've seen it happening more than once. 
There is enough talant on this team, it's just not beeing used correctly, atleast in my opinion. 

The important thing is that this happends when the season is over, and not during the season. I felt RK wouldnt be right and i feared it would show during the season, i was blown away when the team actually started winning game after game until it was obvious that RK's system was way to obvious for all other teams, and when it became obvious RK had nothing to contradict it with - and here we are.

And yes you are absolutly correct regarding that change doesnt happen over night, but dont you think Sabres fans are done with this "statement" ? we gonne be off with 9 seasons without playoff. Not many teams have complished this. RK's system is trash to say the least, and everyone knows him now and he cant do sh1t about it, just look at Detroit. 

I'll say it again and many times to come, get us Rikard Gronborg.

I love your passion.  I disagree with you about Ralph.  I think he's made the team better, it doesn't show in the standings to be certain, but overall they play a better game.  The team often looks like its on the same page.  I think its the lack of talent that gets it done.

You point to Detroit beating them.  Detroit beat Boston too.  Those kinds of games are going to happen. The depth isn't there and the injury to Olofsson is having a major impact on the team.  Dahlin out hurts the team too.

I do think there are areas that can be improved in the coaching... I'm still struggling to understand how our PK can be so bad when we basically have the same guys as years before out there.  It makes you wonder.

The power play as well... 

those areas need to be improved and that's on Ralph without a doubt.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.