Erik Cernak Suspended Two Games For Concussing Dahlin

Brawndo

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

The league won’t screw Buffalo on this (not that Cernak may not have already). 

There is a certain cache that comes with being a 1st overall pick, the league would feel they need to protect that. This would take precedence over any other potential bias. 

I think he gets several games. 

wish the refs felt that way.  the refs can not say they didn't see this one, like they did in Sweden. 

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

wish the refs felt that way.  the refs can not say they didn't see this one, like they did in Sweden. 

The officials are a bigger threat to player safety than the players are. If they’d just call the shite and cheap shots guys would stop. ( for the most part )

• Like (+1) 2

Listening to Instigators this morning, Rivet brought up a good point.  

There was no immediate response to elbow by players on team because your on the PP and thinking if proper call was made you get a 5-3 PP and could tie the game.  

After no call was made and you give up the two short handed goals in third, who on the Sabres would been able to respond to Cernak hit?  The Sabres have nobody.  They haven't had anybody in years.  That is why this team suffers every year.  There is no family, I got your back attitude. Everyone plays for themselves.

Yes you need talent, but you also need grit.  The grit helps create space for the talented.  

Crosby has had Hornqvist.

McDavid has had Kassian and now Neal.

Ovi has Wilson.

13 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Listening to Instigators this morning, Rivet brought up a good point.  

There was no immediate response to elbow by players on team because your on the PP and thinking if proper call was made you get a 5-3 PP and could tie the game.  

After no call was made and you give up the two short handed goals in third, who on the Sabres would been able to respond to Cernak hit?  The Sabres have nobody.  They haven't had anybody in years.  That is why this team suffers every year.  There is no family, I got your back attitude. Everyone plays for themselves.

Yes you need talent, but you also need grit.  The grit helps create space for the talented.  

Crosby has had Hornqvist.

McDavid has had Kassian and now Neal.

Ovi has Wilson.

Agree about the PP. 

The Sabres do have players who SHOULD have done something.  Bogo  and Lazar at least do fight at times, but it doesn’t even need to be that.  There are so many players who could at least throw a big check or start a scrum after the whistle.  Do something!

15 hours ago, darksabre said:

And before someone responds by saying "well other teams don't always respond", let me cut that off by saying this: 

In Buffalo, NY, you respond. 

Actually, in Buffalo, NY, folks tend not to respond.  At least for the last decade or so.

That's a big part of the problem.

I would say in Boston, Massachusetts, folks respond.  Full stop. 

15 hours ago, Thorny said:

He was talking about keeping the D-depth before the injury took place so I doubt that changes. 

Zero response on ice. We'll see if GM JB has any response off of it. 

Miss Lindy. 

I am thinking of the Ottawa/Drury incident and ensuing coach fight with Rayzor covering his mic between the benches.

"Don't go after our Captain!" shouted Lindy.

Remember when hockey teams used to have tough guys on their rosters and how hockey used to be physical, intimidating, and exciting to watch?

What happened to that sport?

This crap they play now sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I’ll give Bogo a pass for not stepping up on Cernak only because he just came back. Larry and Lazar have no excuses. Whatever happened to physical Risto? I don’t see him fighting but crushing someone in the corner would’ve been nice.

Risto will not fight.  He will hit, slash, push  I don’t think I’ve ever seen him drop the gloves 

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Risto will not fight.  He will hit, slash, push  I don’t think I’ve ever seen him drop the gloves 

Oh there is no doubt, Risto sucks at fighting.... team doesn’t need fighters. It needs character and the threat of a fight if a team takes liberties against.

Edited by Zamboni

5 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Sucks cause the game was 1 goal apart when it happened, the whistle wasn't blown on the ice, and they were on a PP to tie it up, so a response would've been monumentally stupid.  This is where I miss having Lindy Ruff though-- you know that guy would've jumped onto the ice if the ref turned his back.  He's an assistant for NYR-- can't we poach him?

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I know it would probably be a mistake, but I would not be averse to bringing him back at this point.

It can't be any crazier than a run of HC's featuring Rolston, Nolan, Bylsma, Housley and Krueger.

I can only dream of a 90 point season at this point of my life.

I've been a fan of this team since inception and the recent run has caused me to not even watch away games anymore.

Down to watching home games to see the fans reaction to this ......................don't even have the words to describe this team.

Ruff may be the only experienced Head Coach to be willing to take this job.  Then again he might just laugh at the offer.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not saying that it's a good idea to offer the HC to Ruff, but IMHO, if it were offered he would pounce on it.

Of course he would. I think todays game has passed him by. He can’t relate to today’s NHLer. It is a different breed of player than 7+ years ago. I’m firmly in the “keep Ruff away from the Sabres” boat. Hell, I’ll be the captain.

low hanging fruit snipes about “today’s NHLer” incoming ....?

it still doesn’t make my point/opinion less valid.

18 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Of course he would. I think todays game has passed him by. He can’t relate to today’s NHLer. It is a different breed of player than 7+ years ago. I’m firmly in the “keep Ruff away from the Sabres” boat. Hell, I’ll be the captain.

A lot of people say this or something like it. I don't buy what it implies. It implies that Ruff is an inflexible fool not capable of learning or evolving. It implies that we are stuck with the entitled, soft players we have today.

Not a damn thing since Ruff's "old, outdated style" has worked.  Not the effort-beats-all motivator, not the well-crafted strategies professor, not the seat-of-the-pants Stanley Cup winner, not the Hall-of-Famer defense whisperer and certainly not the new age guru. The top 10 teams in the league now are represented by a variety of coaching styles whose head coach ages average around 55. Lindy is 59. 

Would I welcome Ruff back over RK? Absolutely. I think his experience since being with Sabres has probably taught him a lot of valuable things. And he still has a passion for the Sabres, and this club desperately needs someone at the top with some genuine fire for the crest.

Edited by ...
The Ghost of Dwight Drane
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

it still doesn’t make my point/opinion less valid.

Bull feathers.  IF (and it's looking that way already) Krueger fails what experienced Head Coach would consider the Sabres job?

Maybe they should give Ralph next year to be sure!

Bring in Ruff to "triage" this team and stop the year after year after year bleeding.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol McDavid, Crosby, and Ovechkin create their own space without anyones help. Also, I wouldn't ***** with Ovechkin. 

The team suffers every year because they aren't a team and the lack talent. I will definitely agree there. 

You were incensed that Sobodka was on the second line enough to make a thread about it before the season started. I can only imagine your outrage if we started our season with Kassian on the 1st line.

He's there for a reason. It's real. And we don't have that.

It's not a coincidence that our PP looked they way it did after they took out it's QB,... and by the same guy that took a run at Jack the last time we played them. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.