Erik Cernak Suspended Two Games For Concussing Dahlin

Brawndo

The league won’t screw Buffalo on this (not that Cernak may not have already). 

There is a certain cache that comes with being a 1st overall pick, the league would feel they need to protect that. This would take precedence over any other potential bias. 

I think he gets several games. 

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Is Cernak a repeat offender/has been suspended in the past?

if no, he’ll get 3 games or less.

if yes, he’ll get 3-5 games.

or the DOPS can be typical and unsurprising and just fine him a couple thousand bucks.

As to Rasmus is it a jaw ? Sure looked like the point of contact in the still photo. Head shot. Should be cut and dry as far as punishment goes. 

32 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

As to Rasmus is it a jaw ? Sure looked like the point of contact in the still photo. Head shot. Should be cut and dry as far as punishment goes. 

My initial concern was a broken jaw.  But your jaw getting driven up forcefully to contact the rest of your skull is a serious driver of severe concussions.

Here's to hoping it looked way worse than it is.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

He was talking about keeping the D-depth before the injury took place so I doubt that changes. 

Zero response on ice. We'll see if GM JB has any response off of it. 

Miss Lindy. 

I was actually thinking, this wouldn't fly with him behind the bench.    Jesus 3rd game vs Tampa and they injured two of our players, this needed to be a bench clearing brawl.

I see nothing shocking here and expect nothing from the league that will satisfy. Second time this year already that a team that was too soft to win in the playoffs last year tries out their "muscle" on easy prey. You wanted a response to this hit? I was still waiting for them to hit Kucherov for Sweden. I know Vlad isn't all that, but it does mark the beginning of the spiral downwards. 

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Hit in nose, has a concussion: 

That dudes stick looks a lot like an elbow.

Any suspension under 5 games will be a real disappointment. Dahlin is supposed to be the future organizational defender superstar, and he was manhandled by a thug 

Edited by miles

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Will there be any supplemental discipline for the refs that blew the call and changed the complexion of the game by blowing the call?

I would imagine that according to the labor contract between the refs and league, any discipline of officials is kept quiet. Which would be a shame, because certain folks, you know who you are, will tell you the league did nothing. I mean, why would they? The refs were merely following instructions.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I would imagine that according to the labor contract between the refs and league, any discipline of officials is kept quiet. Which would be a shame, because certain folks, you know who you are, will tell you the league did nothing. I mean, why would they? The refs were merely following instructions.

I said that refs are biased, and we know that they are. Nobody said they have instructions to not make calls.

Nice try.

Sucks cause the game was 1 goal apart when it happened, the whistle wasn't blown on the ice, and they were on a PP to tie it up, so a response would've been monumentally stupid.  This is where I miss having Lindy Ruff though-- you know that guy would've jumped onto the ice if the ref turned his back.  He's an assistant for NYR-- can't we poach him?

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I said that refs are biased, and we know that they are. Nobody said they have instructions to not make calls.

Nice try.

If the ref saw that elbow for exactly what it was, "bias" does not explain the lack of a call. Not unless it's the kind of overt bias I'm talking about. "Tampa's a really good team and they're already down a man" just doesn't cut it. There's bias in law enforcement. It's said white people get away with minor drug violations more than people of color do. Well, here's a cop who pulls over a drug kingpin and sees an SUV full of crack and says, "Have a nice day." That's not bias. That's corruption.

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Sucks cause the game was 1 goal apart when it happened, the whistle wasn't blown on the ice, and they were on a PP to tie it up, so a response would've been monumentally stupid.  This is where I miss having Lindy Ruff though-- you know that guy would've jumped onto the ice if the ref turned his back.  He's an assistant for NYR-- can't we poach him?

Interesting to note that Neal had zero concerns about skating across and taking out one of Lindy's captains.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If the ref saw that elbow for exactly what it was, "bias" does not explain the lack of a call. Not unless it's the kind of overt bias I'm talking about. "Tampa's a really good team and they're already down a man" just doesn't cut it. There's bias in law enforcement. It's said white people get away with minor drug violations more than people of color do. Well, here's a cop who pulls over a drug kingpin and sees an SUV full of crack and says, "Have a nice day." That's not bias. That's corruption.

K

So you saw it, too, then.

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

If this team has even an ounce of pride that New Years Eve game will be an Isles-Pens Fight Night style bloodbath with Tampa players being beaten all over their ice to the point they go crying to the league like bullies who can dish it out but can't take it.

I just can't picture Krueger agitating for that.  ?

If it happens, it will be a mutiny by Captain Jack, Bogo, Skins, McCabe etc.  ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.