Jack Eichel: Eliteness

LGR4GM

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We need to jettison, Erod and Sheary and upgrade them. 

I agree, but how. I don't think we could get more than a mid round pick for either. 

Maybe packaged with Risto to Nashville for Smith and Watson?

On a serious note we only have 3 players who truly drive offense; Jack, Dahlin and Larsson, but Larsson lacks the finishing and passing skills to be more then a bottom 6 forward. Including Jack we also only have three scorers.  VO and Skinner are the others and mostly they need someone, unlikely Jack to set them up.  

Everyone else are passengers.  Samson should be able to drive some offense yet coach after coach has him stapled to Jack.  Time to put him with the slumping Skinner and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'm all for it, what do you propose the Sabres have to give up to acquire one?

Depends on contract status and age.  Mitts, Risto draft picks etc should all be on the table.  I’d say UPL and Cozens are the only prospects not on the table. Dahlin, Montour, VO, Jack, and Skinner the only roster not on the table as well.  To get Samson something pretty great must be headed our way. 

It’s also time to think about doing something about Hutton. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.