Jack Eichel: Eliteness

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, Weave said:

Early in this thread I said he has the skill set to be elite but what was holding him back is between his ears.  I don’t know if RaKru is a Jack whisperer, or if Jack just decided he wanted to be the difference maker.  But he’s been elite since early November.

He’ll own this city if he maintains it.

I think RK's got that European Dr. Frankenstein black magic working and the positive vibes, combined with Jack seeing the resulting wins and the light at the end of the tunnel, have turned Jack into a freaking monster.

I don't remember a Sabre being this dangerous since Bert (although I missed the PLF-Mogilny era).

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think RK's got that European Dr. Frankenstein black magic working and the positive vibes, combined with Jack seeing the resulting wins and the light at the end of the tunnel, have turned Jack into a freaking monster.

I don't remember a Sabre being this dangerous since Bert (although I missed the PLF-Mogilny era).

He’s in LaFontaine territory right now.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Turkish prison?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Nope.  Not elite.  Not at all...

Eichel2019-12-12

This is already old and tiresome. Who are you spiking the ball on? All the people who thought Jack sucked? The question of his eliteness was a good one and still is considering his level of play that you think proves his eliteness has lasted only a few months.

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Shows how much we know.  Pretty much everybody figured Reinhart was Eichel's best buddy.

Wonder who Sam's bestest is?

Jack + Zach is very old news.

28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This is already old and tiresome. Who are you spiking the ball on? All the people who thought Jack sucked? The question of his eliteness was a good one and still is considering his level of play that you think proves his eliteness has lasted only a few months.

Jack + Zach is very old news.

Cool.  Had not seen that they were best buds before Liger's post.

Are we all now in agreement that the tank was worth it? Even the staunchest of anti tankers must admit that watching him play now was worth the pain  

And really,  6 years of being terrible has sucked but how much worse is being terrible than being mediocre? 

Now we get to see a true super star play for the Sabres  One of top 5 must watch players in the entire league. 

Wait till Dahlin, claims his spot as one of the top 3 dmen in the world! 
and UPL claims one of the top 5 ... ok now I’m getting carried away

thank you Tim Murray for pulling off the “tank”! 

17 hours ago, SDS said:

I think a lot of fans had a hard time being patient enough to see what Jack would develop into. He certainly didn’t have the polished talent of McDavid right out of the gate. Personally, I find it much less stressing to just watch the game and let these kids grow into whomever they’re going to be.

Thank god we don't have any other super-hyped top draft picks on this roster that we'll have to also be patient with...

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Are we all now in agreement that the tank was worth it? Even the staunchest of anti tankers must admit that watching him play now was worth the pain  

And really,  6 years of being terrible has sucked but how much worse is being terrible than being mediocre? 

Now we get to see a true super star play for the Sabres  One of top 5 must watch players in the entire league. 

Wait till Dahlin, claims his spot as one of the top 3 dmen in the world! 
and UPL claims one of the top 5 ... ok now I’m getting carried away

thank you Tim Murray for pulling off the “tank”! 

Nope.  And thanks for dragging old arguments into this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

It has everything to do with old arguements. 
the only reason the Sabres have an Elite Center is because of the tank

We could just talk about Jack instead of the ***** we pulled to get him.

Some people just want to watch the world burn I guess.

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

We also need to accept that something as simple as "age" is a big factor here. We forget, he entered this season at 22. 22. It's NORMAL for players to be improving at this stage, particularly those with as much capacity for improvement as the talented Mr. Eichel. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.