GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

miles

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I’m so glad we don’t have direct knowledge of what goes on in a Sabres locker room. Speculation and assumptions are much more entertaining ?

I have ZERO DOUBT that if there were a players-only meeting, especially if convened by Jack, it would find its way into the local rags.  Heck, the Sabres' internal spin operation would be running to the presses to get it there.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, Torpedo Forecheck said:

No one is pining for a team full of goons. The pendulum has swung too far the other way, with the Sabres at least. You should have a couple physical tough guys on the third and fourth lines, and a guy or 2 on defense who can answer the bell when needed. You don't sound like someone who's played much hockey. I will just say this, there is a breed of player who will take cheapshots in moments where they can get away with it. And, when a team gets a reputation for being soft, these guys come out of the woodwork. The great Montreal Canadiens teams used to routinely have the fewest penalty minutes in the league, but routinely taking shots at their skill stars wasn't tolerated. They were as tough as anybody in the league when needed.

Also, when playoff time starts, physicality is on full display. Even Ovie lays on the body come playoff time. (and just ask the Leafs- soft and get out muscled every first round)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.