GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

miles

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Probably a broken nose. 

- - 

There are a lot of depressing comments regarding the Sabres the team here and I can't say I disagree with them necessarily, but to me on a night like tonight my over-arching emotion is feeling like a fool, a fool to invest so much in sports. 

Over dramatic sure but it's it's night like today I just want to toss Sports as a whole into the trash compactor. 

Well we are still somewhat in the beginning of a long season. Bad or good depending how you look at it.

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This team sucks. Bunch of heartless players. 

I have said this for a long time.  They are marshmallow soft.  Like last year and prior years.....a bunch of individuals.  There is no "team" attitude.  This starts with the top talent and works its way down.  This organization needs a culture shock.  TB crushed them and reality this is not a playoff team.  

1 minute ago, ... said:

Well, my guess is that there is absolutely no honor on display. No loyalty, no nothing from this team than dudes taking the money, and not wanting to risk anything beyond what it takes to get the money. We've all be duped by the dupes on this team.

I see no honor or loyalty to their teammates or the Crest on their jerseys. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

There should be only one objective here.

Break Cernak's jaw.

I'm completely serious.

Agreed, someone should have been run after the Cernak thing. I'm still miffed about Kucherov hit on Sobotka (not that I miss Sobotka) but for crying out loud does anybody on this team want to stop being a doormat?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

There should be only one objective here.

Break Cernak's jaw.

I'm completely serious.

I'm completely serious when I say I agree with you.

The sentiment, or something similar, seems to be very strong today. Usually, people are like "there's no place in the game for that anymore" or "why?" Nice to see, but the people who promote softness will prevail here on the board within 24 hours.

Just now, #freejame said:

A Matthew/Brady Tkachuk, Kadri, Wilson type is the only thing that will fix this team. Probably two of them in all honesty. 

Definitely need 2 or 3 tougher players.  

The days of fighting are gone, no one has a pure goon anymore, but if you want gritty/tough players then you need more North American players on the team.  They grow up playing the game everyone is asking for.  It’s the game needed to build a team that is consistent and can win a cup.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.