GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

miles

this is my last comment on this game. it put me in a bad mood now, which shouldnt happen. 

I honestly dont care the team played like trash in the third period. I dont care they got blown out. I care they did not stand up for their guy getting elbowed in the face to the point of a concussion. I have full on supported this team to the point of silliness. They needed to show support to their player, but instead they put their tail between their legs and did nothing. 

hutton going for a slow sunday stroll to the bench for the 6th skater is another thing that needs to be addressed. he didnt skate hard, and a team suspension with a team fine should be a minimum. make him a healthy scratch and bring up a minor leaguer for a week. show him right away that is not acceptable.  I like to get on the goalies for giving up weak goals or even goals they shouldnt stop, but the reality is, they play hard. this is just disgusting and should not be tolerated. suspension and fine, nothing less

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is absurd. It's absurd that the players on the bench didn't know what happened. The first thing I need after that hit is a trainer running back out from the locker room and telling the whole team that Cernak concussed their boy with an elbow to the head. EVERYONE on that bench should know what happened.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Well, this is as good a time as any for my first post.

Where do we go from here? SOMETHING has to change immediately, can it really continue this way?

I can't believe that they let this go on any further without a big shake up.  But what to do?

This assumes that Terry Pegula is smart enough to realize the gravity of the moment.

Wonder if he even watched the game! 

The worse part is that it will be the same person making the GM Pick again. 

Todd McClellan mentioned to Pegula in his interview with the Sabres that you have a reputation around the league for firing people in short order. No GM worth his salt will come within a hundred miles of taking this job. 

Chiarelli would probably refuse Pegula’s Call.

How the actual hell can a team owned by Eugene Melnyk, supposedly the worst owner in the NHL, be in better shape moving forward. 

Dorian has done a nice job gathering assets when he is forced to make trades. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Did anyone catch him calling Sobotka one of the teams anchors?! COME ON DUDE. That just cannot be the mindset, it can't. 

Never mind him being one of our (and the league's) worst players...he's viewed as an anchor for this team, a focal point of what we want to be. 

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm tired of it. May, Ray and Barnaby wouldn't have stood for this. Mike Peca wouldn't have stood for this. 

We just have to face it: being a Buffalo Sabre is devoid of meaning.

Perhaps because it's been a long time that "winning" hasn't been a focal point. Sobotka comment hand-in-hand. Perhaps players struggle to summon the emotion necessary to flip out when they see their Powerplay quarterback go down because losing him likely results in less winning yet winning is not important. It's all about the culture, and the process, but not the winning. 

Edited by Thorny

15 minutes ago, ... said:

It's a concussion! Of course it's a long-term injury. No heart. No nothing from Krueger.

He wants to hear from a “neutral party” .   WTF?   This is hockey.  He should let the league know we are pissed and expect action.  

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I see no honor or loyalty to their teammates or the Crest on their jerseys. 

Their only loyalty is to their own individual bank accounts. That’s almost all professional sports and athletes these days. Sabres problem is they have no talent either. Or very very little of it. 

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

If Bots goes it would be better to do it after the season.  If I am the owner, and that is my plan then I tell him to sit on his hands - all confidence is lost so why have him waste assets.  

The dysfunction in the FO would be a terrible distraction.  It will not help Pegula in finding an experienced NHL GM either.   Most good candidates must be leery of Terry and Kim   

RK will likely be dismissed once the new GM is in place.   He is looking overmatched as well.  

I don't know.  This seems like a situation where you're wrong until you're right.

If you pick five bad GMs in a row, but the sixth one wins the cup, who cares about the five losers.

There are only 31 (soon 32) of these jobs.  If a candidate is afraid to take the job because he might get fired  if he makes a mistake, who wants him? 

At some point, the odds dictate that an owner will pick a good GM.  I'd rather the owner play those odds that sit around concerned about his reputation as another season goes down the drain.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The worse part is that it will be the same person making the GM Pick again. 

Todd McClellan mentioned to Pegula in his interview with the Sabres that you have a reputation around the league for firing people in short order. No GM worth his salt will come within a hundred miles of taking this job. 

Chiarelli would probably refuse Pegula’s Call.

How the actual hell can a team owned by Eugene Melnyk, supposedly the worst owner in the NHL, be in better shape moving forward. 

Dorian has done a nice job gathering assets when he is forced to make trades. 

I think it's pretty likely Botterill isn't on a short leash at this time. 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Meh. I’m upset with the loss, but I’m not ready to throw RK out after 7 weeks. I’ll leave that desire for the (IMO), knee jerk fans. Every fans different.

Watch what happened in that third period and then watch Ralph's press conference. Are you seriously going to tell me something isn't horribly wrong. Our franchise player may have just become the next Tim Connolly and Ralph's concern is avoiding getting a fine? Honest to God he needed to go full Schonny yelling "Have another donut" on that officiating crew ( who also deserve to be fined and suspended for their stunning incompetence). Show some fire and guts.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Lead by Eichel. Sucks the guy is just not a leader. Need Johansson back and a couple other pieces so Jack can do his talent thing while the rest do accountability and stuff. 

Totally disagree. Eichel is one of the few leaders they have.   He dropped the gloves last week to wake this team up, no one responded.  

Eichel holds up his end of the “talent thing”.  The others appear to be lacking in “accountability and stuff”.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Watch what happened in that third period and then watch Ralph's press conference. Are you seriously going to tell me something isn't horribly wrong. Our franchise player may have just become the next Tim Connolly and Ralph's concern is avoiding getting a fine? Honest to God he needed to go full Schonny yelling "Have another donut" on that officiating crew ( who also deserve to be fined and suspended for their stunning incompetence). Show some fire and guts.

Let's not be hasty here.  The big question is 'how is this handled in the English Premier League?'

8 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

This assumes that Terry Pegula is smart enough to realize the gravity of the moment.

Wonder if he even watched the game! 

If Terry was a true Buffalonian, he'd be close to an Aneurysm right now.  The ONE THING that a Buffalo team cannot be is soft.  PERIOD.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ... said:

And here we have Paul too-many Ham Sandwiches again creating strawmen and snarkly blowing them down. No one says we need John Scott, no one is saying we're expecting Hasek in goal.

PAUL HAMILTON, you fat, bitter, old man. You hate the listeners - the people who you RELY upon for your check and your content. You're awful and nasty and deserve to not travel with the team. You deserve to have a 6am Sunday morning hour-long show at best.

He’s a condescending ass. Met him twice over the years and he didn’t improve. How he has a job and how the players even want to answer a fat ass like him astonishes me. 

1 hour ago, KC Scouts said:

Well, this is as good a time as any for my first post.

Where do we go from here? SOMETHING has to change immediately, can it really continue this way?

I can't believe that they let this go on any further without a big shake up.  But what to do?

In two straight seasons Jason has been content to let desperate, alarming "situations and scenarios" like this one fester for indefinite amounts of time.

27 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It should be fairly obvious at this point that being a Buffalo Sabre means showing up, punching in, and then spending your shift pooping on company time. Nice gig if you can get it. 

They all go home to their mansions or waterfront condos. They don’t give a F what anyone in Buffalo thinks of them or their effort. Trust me. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I see a lot of “living in the past” type comments. That’s not an insult. It’s something 2019 NHL and coaches just aren’t that way anymore. Maybe Tortarella. Maybe. Maybe Sullivan. Maybe.

i would love the passion of younger Ruff or younger Shonny. But those types of ranting and raving super passionate borderline “intimidating” or “scary” type coaching or coaches, are getting rare, not increasing.

granted, it would have been nice for RK to say something a little more passionate, yet not get fined or whatever. Agree to disagree on caring about the consequences of RK or any coach going off on the Refs or whatever.

12 minutes ago, jad1 said:

I don't know.  This seems like a situation where you're wrong until you're right.

If you pick five bad GMs in a row, but the sixth one wins the cup, who cares about the five losers.

There are only 31 (soon 32) of these jobs.  If a candidate is afraid to take the job because he might get fired  if he makes a mistake, who wants him? 

At some point, the odds dictate that an owner will pick a good GM.  I'd rather the owner play those odds that sit around concerned about his reputation as another season goes down the drain.

i have no issue with replacing the GM,  I would wait until I had someone in line and try to minimize the dysfunction.   

All this talk about JBot being replaced is not going to happen.   He will get four years. RK will get two.  Then we try again. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.