GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

miles

Not a huge surprise.  Team was constructed by a middle management loser with no track record.  He has failed at hiring coaches.  He has failed at building a roster.  He made the worst trade in NHL history and suffered no consequences.  Otherwise he has sat on his hands.  He hasn’t drafted any real difference-makers except the consensus number one pick who he sucked into selecting and who now has regressed and lost all confidence.  Not a single player has improved or developed under his watch.  He has accomplished absolutely nothing.  The ONLY thing he does is repeat over and over again, “We’re gonna build this thing the right way.”  Does anyone, anywhere think they’re at all on a track toward building things the right way?

Screw Botterill and screw Terry for being addicted to rookie GMs.

Also screw Mittlestadt for not being able to land a shot on net from 10 feet out.  He sucks at hockey.

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

But how do you build a team in this league with no team toughness. No grit or collective moxie ? Its unfathomable that a GM would assemble a team of skilled guys but lacking any semblance of grit. What a friggin moron.

Disgusting is what it is.  You have an Eichel, Dahlin, even Olofsson, and you build a team around them full of pussies.  If I know that nobody has my back in a game, I’m not charging the net.  I not heading to the high traffic areas to make a play because I’m gonna get my ass kicked with the rest of the boys shrieking!!  What allowed LaFontaine to be as aggressive to net was the guys on lines 3 & 4.  I’m so tired of this organization 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Maroon was a FA this past off season, right? Wonder how Botterill missed him.  Must have been preoccupied video-scouting Jimmy Vesey.

No chance he would leave hometown St Louis and go to Buffalo.  He would have stayed home for less $$$ than go to a losing team at this point in his career.   I’m sure ROR told him some things.  

6 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

But how do you build a team in this league with no team toughness. No grit or collective moxie ? Its unfathomable that a GM would assemble a team of skilled guys but lacking any semblance of grit. What a friggin moron.

It was pretty obvious from the beginning Botterill didn't value toughness.  Look who he shipped out and who he shipped in.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I don't want him for his scoring, he is a 6'4", 17 year old as Lgr4gm stated. I imagine he is already tougher than anyone on the team right now.

He can score. And do everything. I gotta watch more of him though. Don't have a good feel for grit and compete yet. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

Being a great fighter is not the real issue.  As Lindy Ruff said on defending your teammates, "It's not how you look coming out of a fight, It's the speed in which you enter into one."

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Not a huge surprise.  Team was constructed by a middle management loser with no track record.  He has failed at hiring coaches.  He has failed at building a roster.  He made the worst trade in NHL history and suffered no consequences.  Otherwise he has sat on his hands.  He hasn’t drafted any real difference-makers except the consensus number one pick who he sucked into selecting and who now has regressed and lost all confidence.  Not a single player has improved or developed under his watch.  He has accomplished absolutely nothing.  The ONLY thing he does is repeat over and over again, “We’re gonna build this thing the right way.”  Does anyone, anywhere think they’re at all on a track toward building things the right way?

Screw Botterill and screw Terry for being addicted to rookie GMs.

Also screw Mittlestadt for not being able to land a shot on net from 10 feet out.  Be sucks at hockey.

Could not of said it better.  

And here we have Paul too-many Ham Sandwiches again creating strawmen and snarkly blowing them down. No one says we need John Scott, no one is saying we're expecting Hasek in goal.

PAUL HAMILTON, you fat, bitter, old man. You hate the listeners - the people who you RELY upon for your check and your content. You're awful and nasty and deserve to not travel with the team. You deserve to have a 6am Sunday morning hour-long show at best.

Edited by ...
The Ghost of Dwight Drane
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

THIS is something I cannot care about. Picking high isn't working. 

Don't blame you. Just a big Byfield fan. 6'4" centers who score and skate. And he's super young for his draft class. 

I guess I'll start caring about the draft again... uhg. 

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This team will finish with something like 72 points.  The fans are ready to rebel and Terry will be forced to fire JBot.  RK will move into an executive role and welcomed to the 4th rebuild attempt in 10 years.  

I've been saying as much for like the last year around here.

Can't we just FF the process and fire BOtterill like tomorrow?  

I know it is becoming popular to mention Ralph as some future GM candidate, but I'm not sure why that would be a good idea. 

I see Ralph and Botterill getting shipped out on the same day.  Question is how long we have to wait to find out what day that is.

My God I hate Pegula!  He's f-ing horrible!

• Like (+1) 2

Sabres ran out of gas and played scared after Dahlin was elbowed. 

This offseason we should cut ties with some riff-raff and brought in Boyle and Maroon. Older guys but guys who can still score some and will beat the hell out of players who do stuff like Tampa has done to us this year.

Let's see

GMTM became fixated on specific players and would trade anything to get them

Botts seems unwilling to deviate from the Pittsburgh blueprint even though they have Hornquist and Malkin(dirty player) We are the early 2010's Penguins without the same level of skill. A lot of soft players

Paging Dr. Ristolainen, paging Dr. Ristolainen; Where the Hell are You? Where did his grittiness go again? A non-physical Risto is a nigh-useless Risto and one I couldn't care less about.

BOTTS FIX THIS TEAM!!!

Granted I really fear if they fire Botts and look to hire a more experienced GM they'll pick up the joke in Charelli looking for grit......

Just now, Kruppstahl said:

I've been saying as much for like the last year around here.

Can't we just FF the process and fire BOtterill like tomorrow?  

I know it is becoming popular to mention Ralph as some future GM candidate, but I'm not sure why that would be a good idea. 

I see Ralph and Botterill getting shipped out on the same day.  Question is how long we have to wait to find out what day that is.

My God I hate Pegula!  He's f-ing horrible!

I hear Don Cherry might be available!  ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.