GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

miles

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

They don't have players with that in their blood. 

They do. They just aren’t signed to the right contract. Dalton Smith would hang with those guys in the fourth line and kick anyone’s ass that the coach pointed out. Probably not going to score any goals either.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

They don't have players with that in their blood. 

But how do you build a team in this league with no team toughness. No grit or collective moxie ? Its unfathomable that a GM would assemble a team of skilled guys but lacking any semblance of grit. What a friggin moron.

Just now, darksabre said:

It's disgusting. What a bunch of losers.

Yupppp. I was wrong, it's not just talent. They have no heart/grit. 

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

But how do you build a team in this league with no team toughness. No grit or collective moxie ? Its unfathomable that a GM would assemble a team of skilled guys but lacking any semblance of grit. What a friggin moron.

Didn't even assemble a team of skill guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Definitely need 2 or 3 tougher players.  

The days of fighting are gone, no one has a pure goon anymore, but if you want gritty/tough players then you need more North American players on the team.  They grow up playing the game everyone is asking for.  It’s the game needed to build a team that is consistent and can win a cup.  

In general, yes, that grittier/tougher style play is more common on the smaller ice of NA, but there are many examples of very gritty/tough Europe players.

I don’t care where they are from, but Buffalo needs some.

Is it too late to hire Nolan as HC/GM?

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

I just a decade our culture has changed so much it’s even made hockey soft.  This is a mans sport.  They need fighting back for reasons like this game.    Imagine Kevin MaGuire Back in the day or Rob Ray in the line up when Dahlin got blindsides viciously like that.  

My favorite of all time....Larry Playfair!!!  Not that other guys on the team couldn't take care of themselves (Gare, etc.) but having a true heavyweight like #27 was maybe our best ever.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

PA, please take note that none of our complaints right now are about the officials.

Temporary insanity is only temporary.

3 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

He is the least of their problems

I don't think his behavior at the end of the game can be dismissed.

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I watched him in St Louis last year.  I can guarantee you Maroon would be there for any teammate   

Maroon was a FA this past off season, right? Wonder how Botterill missed him.  Must have been preoccupied video-scouting Jimmy Vesey.

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

They do. They just aren’t signed to the right contract. Dalton Smith would hang with those guys in the fourth line and kick anyone’s ass that the coach pointed out. Probably not going to score any goals either.

But that's not what we need. We need a Brady Tkachuk or idk someone with heart who gives a ***** and can score. 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I don't know how I'm supposed to get over this one. I don't know how I'm supposed to be satisfied with this. 

Don't be satisfied. That's this teams problem, complacency. 

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

My favorite of all time....Larry Playfair!!!  Not that other guys on the team couldn't take care of themselves (Gare, etc.) but having a true heavyweight like #27 was maybe our best ever.  

Schoenfeld and Korab were just as tough.  

• Like (+1) 2

This game represents the greater point I was trying to make the other day, and lgr has helped, today, to bring it all home.  None of the people we have had in here have solved the essential problem of creating a team. 

No matter what talent we've brought in here, the guys with talent were here because they got the money. Skinner, got good enough money plus a major quality of life boost. These guys are about the money and no one has been able to make it more than that.

13 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I say bring the goons back

This game was so f-ing boring, as they almost all are.  

Watching heartless, gutless hockey with almost no emotional or physical component is simply not something I find entertaining.  

How many PPs can you watch?  It's just terrible hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.