GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

miles

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

We stole two points in Florida yesterday.   Even if we lose tonight, I'll still call it a good trip as long as SOMEBODY on this team shows some backbone and dishes out some punishment for Dahlin's hit.  This team is too easy to play against, no fear whatsoever!

Somebody on this effing team needs to show a backbone and lay somebody out.  Legal or illegally.  We're just too timid.  Teams know they can take liberties on us without retribution

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I get he’s top 20 scoring and that’s great but he is a defenseman and not a forward.  I would like him to play defense better.  I understand that comes with time so it will be a few years before we see if he is a true star defenseman 

Ya. He has been.

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

We stole two points in Florida yesterday.   Even if we lose tonight, I'll still call it a good trip as long as SOMEBODY on this team shows some backbone and dishes out some punishment for Dahlin's hit.  This team is too easy to play against, no fear whatsoever!

They should run Kuchorev and Cernack based on their past behavior.  But who?  It’s not going to happen  

Come playoff time Tampa has recently been a pretty soft team.  Adding Maroon will help them.

What is JBot trying to build? 

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yes. Do you honestly think the ref didn't see it? He was the puck carrier.

I feel bad for you.

6 minutes ago, miles said:

he should get a reprimand for not seeing it. guy with puck head flies back and covered in blood

Absolutely.

6 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

I know I absolutely believe that some teams get a benefit of the doubt when already down a man... Totally believe that would've been called had it been the other way around

And you.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

YES. 

And you, because you're all WWF fans of the guy who's predetermined to get knocked out.

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I’ve been watching while busy with other computer work.  

I am frustrated by the Dahlin butt end to the face drawing blood and no call, then dumbo Larry gets an offensive zone holding call. 

It was an elbow.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

I feel bad for you.

Absolutely.

And you.

And you, because you're all WWF fans of the guy who's predetermined to get knocked out.

It was an elbow.

You don't believe teams get the benefit of the doubt when down a man already? I think they do, across the board. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I feel bad for you.

I've seen calls made on the Sabres for a mere reaction that they are not given the benefit of the doubt on. All the time. 

Even last game, the ref saw something and it took him 2 seconds to decide that he actually saw a penalty. Refs are biased. They just are and it has been proven. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You don't believe teams get the benefit of the doubt when down a man already? I think they do, across the board. 

I just think both refs missed it. They're not seeing the game from the air like we are. There doesn't always have to be a second shooter.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I've seen calls made on the Sabres for a mere reaction that they are not given the benefit of the doubt on. All the time. 

Even last game, the ref saw something and it took him 2 seconds to decide that he actually saw a penalty. Refs are biased. They just are and it has been proven. 

There must be a small amount of bias in the officiating in any sport. That's human nature. You never want to own your original opinion after someone calls you on it — that is, the ref saw a vicious elbow to Dahlin's face and consciously decided not to call it Because Buffalo/Because Tampa. Honestly, I think that's nuts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.