GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

miles

The sabres are coming off a nice win on the road and looking for some payback to Kucherov after he manhandled Sobotka. I'm surprised the police weren't involved, but I digress. ?

The Sabres had a small slump for the month of November, but I suspect it is a thing of the past and the sabres are looking forward now. 

I suspect Hutton will be in goal. The real question is will the Sabres play their newest star forward, Brandon Montour in defense or as a winger

Sabres 4-2

My first GDT. Probably my last

Edited by miles
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I wonder if the coaches taking the structure out of the PP has also occurred in other areas to try and open up the offense more. I'd be shocked if they won this game. Maybe they will at least look good. 

Rasmus Dahlin has had a resurgence since his 3rd period benching. Interestingly as much as we have been critical of him, his production is still really good. 16 points in 23 games.

• Like (+1) 1

cut.jpg

Coming off a 5-2 win over the Florida Panthers last night, the Buffalo Sabres will close out their three-game road trip tonight.

The Sabres take on the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena at 7 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550. Join us for the Buick Game Night pregame show at 6:30 on MSG.

Here's what you need to know.

• With a win tonight, the Sabres would sweep a Florida road trip for the first time since earning wins against Tampa Bay and Florida on Nov. 10 and 12, 2015. It would be their first time doing so on consecutive nights since Jan. 29 and 30, 2008.
  • This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Lightning this season.
  • Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo 5-3 in Stockholm, Sweden on Nov. 9.
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 31 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Lightning; 2-7-1 on the road.
  • Victor Olofsson's goal and point totals currently have him on pace for the best offensive season by a Sabres rookie in decades. 
  • If he maintains his current pace, he would finish the season with the most goals by a Sabres rookie (29) since Donald Audette's 31 in 1991-92 and the most points by a Sabres rookie (61) since Ray Sheppard's 65 in 1987-88.
  • With 14 goals in 23 games so far this season, Jack Eichel is already halfway to his previous best goal total (28), set in the 2018-19 season.
  • Eichel's output through 23 games currently has him on pace to finish the season with 50 goals and 103 points, which would be the highest goal and point totals by a Sabre since Pat LaFontaine (53+95) and Alexander Mogilny (76+51) in 1992-93.
  • Sam Reinhart has recorded 10 points (8+2) in his last nine games against the Lightning, including four two-point outings.
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

They both really compliment each other.

Exceptional gracious people, both of them, really good in the room ?

my lineup

Eichel Sheary

Scandy Montour Joker

Reinhart Skinner

McCabe Dahlin Bogosian

Larry Zemgus

Pilut Miller Ristolainen

Spot duty: Mitts, Vesey, Lazar

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

cut.jpg

Coming off a 5-2 win over the Florida Panthers last night, the Buffalo Sabres will close out their three-game road trip tonight.

The Sabres take on the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena at 7 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550. Join us for the Buick Game Night pregame show at 6:30 on MSG.

Here's what you need to know.

• With a win tonight, the Sabres would sweep a Florida road trip for the first time since earning wins against Tampa Bay and Florida on Nov. 10 and 12, 2015. It would be their first time doing so on consecutive nights since Jan. 29 and 30, 2008.
  • This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Lightning this season.
  • Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo 5-3 in Stockholm, Sweden on Nov. 9.
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 31 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Lightning; 2-7-1 on the road.
  • Victor Olofsson's goal and point totals currently have him on pace for the best offensive season by a Sabres rookie in decades. 
  • If he maintains his current pace, he would finish the season with the most goals by a Sabres rookie (29) since Donald Audette's 31 in 1991-92 and the most points by a Sabres rookie (61) since Ray Sheppard's 65 in 1987-88.
  • With 14 goals in 23 games so far this season, Jack Eichel is already halfway to his previous best goal total (28), set in the 2018-19 season.
  • Eichel's output through 23 games currently has him on pace to finish the season with 50 goals and 103 points, which would be the highest goal and point totals by a Sabre since Pat LaFontaine (53+95) and Alexander Mogilny (76+51) in 1992-93.
  • Sam Reinhart has recorded 10 points (8+2) in his last nine games against the Lightning, including four two-point outings.

Wait a second. "Hockey glove oven mitt"? 

NOW I am interested in the Sabres season again! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Be interesting to see if Bogo and Dahlin look really good again tonight.

They both really compliment each other.

Bogo: How you feeling kid? You don't look so bad to me.

Rasmus: Ah, but you look strong enough to pull the ears off a Kucherov.

Bogo: Well... he's got two of them, Rasmus the Junior.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.