GDT: 11/24/19 Buffalo @ Florida 5pm EST

Derrico

Bogo's back and there's gonna be trouble.

Not a perfect game, but a good win against an opponent we've had trouble with in recent years.  

Is Ullmark now (finally?) the No. 1 goalie?

it's amazing but when Jack plays well and the goalies play well we win.

Nice game by Z and solid effort by Montour at forward.

• Like (+1) 2

Good win against an EC playoff bubble/DeLuca .500 team.

The Sabres got outworked but mostly kept their composure defensively I thought.  Ullmark was very good.

Bogo led the team in ice time with 22 min.  Where did that ice time come from?  Risto had 19 min -- his 1st game below 21 min all season. 

I thought Dahlin looked a bit better paired with Bogo, although they both had a few shaky moments.

Olofsson made 2 very nice plays on his goal, the first being the early pass to Eichel to clear the zone and then the decision to head quickly up ice, and Reino's pass to spring VO was sweet.

I'd sure like to see more possession time and O-zone time tomorrow vs TB.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Haven't read the thread.  Highly entertaining game.  We survived some periods where we we getting absolutely shellacked.

I'm guessing Vessey took some abuse on here for his missed breakaway attempt.  I thought he had a pretty good game overall.  And I thought Bogo's game was a nice change.

Jack still stops moving his feet too often.  Skinner was pretty lively out there.  Olofsson made a few nice plays 5v5.  He hasn't done that often enough to date.

And where did all those blocked shots come from?  When did JBotts hire Torts to assist RaKru?

That would be something. 

Good win for Ullmark, I thought. He seemed very calm and focused for the most part. Hope we see more of this from him.  We're going to need it.

I also thought Olofsson had a good game, the goal notwithstanding.  Indeed, his goal was was like a reward for some solid offensive zone play all game.

Vesey, on the other hand, blew his chance at removing the stink that continues to grow around his name. Instead, he added to it.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Sabres still need to find some 2ndary scoring... and just some bodies at forward... Erod down who comes up from rochester?

Scott Wilson, JS Dea & Andrew Ogelvie are the only healthy guys in Sabres contracts I believe.  CJ Smith may be first on that list but he's injured.  

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bogo's back and there's gonna be trouble.

Nice game by Z and solid effort by Montour at forward.

Montour skates well and has skills but he's a bad defenseman imo so making him the extra forward was a good decision on Krueger's part. If Montour could accept/embrace that role and throw his body/size around a little more he might be able to turn into Lindy Ruff and we could use that.

14 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Montour skates well and has skills but he's a bad defenseman imo so making him the extra forward was a good decision on Krueger's part. If Montour could accept/embrace that role and throw his body/size around a little more he might be able to turn into Lindy Ruff and we could use that.

Interesting, don't think he is a bad D, but the later could work as well.

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Disagree with your assessment of him as a defenseman. In my opinion he's one of our better defensemen.

The thing about Montour playing forward last night is that he was "allowed" to play end-to-end in a more complete sense, so, we got a chance to take in his speed out of context.  There were a few times where he rushed in and I was asking myself "who was that player".

3 minutes ago, ... said:

The thing about Montour playing forward last night is that he was "allowed" to play end-to-end in a more complete sense, so, we got a chance to take in his speed out of context.  There were a few times where he rushed in and I was asking myself "who was that player".

I liked what I saw from him as well.  I actually started thinking about a scenario where he was paired with Eichel and Skinner, where he could maybe bring some defensive ability to compliment the other two.  Part of that thinking is still my own stubborn preference to see Eichel and Skinner back together.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Watching some of this game back, Risto has terrible awareness in his own end. He just let's guys get position on his basically all the time and kinda floats in front of the net. 

I noticed that too. Keep watching, though, cuz he wasn't the only one. It made me wonder if there was a change in the way they were coached to play D.

Bogo and Dahlin could look so good and then look so bad. Sometimes on the same shift. Hope it's just rust. Dahlin also needs to stop slashing. There were a few more I'm surprised he didn't get called on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.