Practice Lines 11/23/19

Brawndo

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The idea that Joki and Scandy will likely sit while we ice those 12 forwards discomfits and confounds to say the least.

A month and a half ago I'd be nodding my head at the lineup and saying "that makes sense."

That was when I was assuming Scandy was the same player as last year, and Joki was the player I thought I saw in training camp.

Now that they've made up what has to be unarguably our best defensive pairing to date...

Edited by Randall Flagg

8 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I would love to sit McCabe and Risto for 2 games and see what happens.

Just from a pure analytical stand point the team should be better.

Just want to see if that is true or not.

As a scientific experiment this intrigues me too.

With all the emphasis on how a defenceman moves pucks, I find analysts seem to overlook their ability to win or prevent access to pucks. 

Coaches, however, still seem to put a lot of emphasis on the latter when they strategize about defending, which is why three in a row have given Risto the hardest minutes.

So it would be very interesting to me to observe how effective Montour, Miller and Dahlin would be playing the roles that have been typically given McCabe, Bogo and Risto.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

If Vesey can’t score with Jack and Sam I will be amazed. Amazed at why he is still here. A package deal with Sobotka could get us a new bag of pucks to practice hitting the net. 

If that trade were to come to be, would practicing hitting the net with the new bag of pucks get us out of the bottom???  This ole boy thinks not

And still not a Vesey fan. ..we continue to miss Sobotka at the dot fwiw. . .

go Sabres

2 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

If that trade were to come to be, would practicing hitting the net with the new bag of pucks get us out of the bottom???  This ole boy thinks not

And still not a Vesey fan. ..we continue to miss Sobotka at the dot fwiw. . .

go Sabres

Actually hitting the net would probably get us outta the bottom. Ya know more shots on net gives you a better chance scoring than missing the net does. I think.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.