GDT: 11/21/19 Sabres @ Bruins, 7 p.m. EST, MSG WGR

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Johansson though?

Ya I really hope he isn’t out much longer. 

The forward depth is scary.  Where was the roster surgery we were promised?  It was painfully obvious how little scoring this team had last year and he brings in one decent forward and jimmy ***** vesey.  Are they waiting until Jack says he wants out?  What the ***** is going on here????

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

I'm  not saying  I agree with Vesey being moved to the top line, but I wonder if this is the reasoning. 

1. Olofsson has been awful 5v5 and if Jack and Sam are out against B,M&P, perhaps having a PK guy like Vesey out helps defensively.

2. Vesey returning to Boston and an attempt to get him going on the scoreboard, I mean he is more of a 15 goal scorer, not a zero scorer like this year.

It's a bit like shuffling the chairs on the Titanic as you guys implied. Move Skinner up and the other lines suck. I worry about Mitts and Oloffson on ice against BMP, and they'll have last change.

Are you talking about Ville Vesey? I believe a 15g guy is much closer to a zero scorer than he is a 30g scorer, ask Leino.

8 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Are you talking about Ville Vesey? I believe a 15g guy is much closer to a zero scorer than he is a 30g scorer, ask Leino.

He's scored 16, 16 and 17 so far in his career. He hasn't played like it this year for sure. But the 15 level seems to be a reasonable expectation for him going into the season.

2 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

He's scored 16, 16 and 17 so far in his career. He hasn't played like it this year for sure. But the 15 level seems to be a reasonable expectation for him going into the season.

I guess I should've added.....just kidding. But Stafford does come to mind, score 2g and disappear for 15 games.

ERod at #2 center... just shoot me now. 

Our only hope is that Jack carries the team as he has in the past against his hometown Boston Bruins.  If Jack isn't playing like Mario Lameiux then we get smoked. Not even close.  This forward line-up is abysmal.

20 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I want a royalty on Ville Vesey

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Look at the lineup and injuries.

Olofsson has been ineffective on the top line as well.  Who else do you put there?  I know people want Skinner, but you're effectively neutralizing every other line by putting the best players on a single line.  That said, it might still happen during the game.

I could see separating Jack and Sam and seeing what happens.  It might get there.  At the same time, the perception might be that separated, and with this lineup, it might not generate anything.

Anyway... the Bruins are damn good.  I expect Buffalo to get lit up tonight.  Plenty of backdoor goals being scored because the Bruins can move the puck effectively and Buffalo will be leave the backside open.

It'll be ugly.  Good luck!

Bruins run 1 line tho right.  And they have 35+34+19 points in 21 games and are in first place.  The rest of the team is bunch of 1 -4 goal guys thus far.

I think Skinner returning is worth a shot at this point. The next 9, please grind while our #1 rests up.  

I think I'm to the point where I'm actively looking for the Sabres to be humiliated.

I love the Boston lineup and the philosophy behind its makeup.  

Bergeron is one of my favorite players in the game and it's always fun to watch him play.

And nothing is going to improve now until Botterill is gone.

So let's go, Boston!  10-0 please! 

No need to throw away another Sabres season watching garbage and hoping something magical happens.

It would be much more efficient to simply fire Botterill and try again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

The forward depth is scary.  Where was the roster surgery we were promised?  It was painfully obvious how little scoring this team had last year and he brings in one decent forward and jimmy ***** vesey.  Are they waiting until Jack says he wants out?  What the ***** is going on here????

No worries.  After another 65-70 point disaster we will be starting our 4th attempt at rebuilding in 10 years.  At this point put someone in to run the phones just let the fans vote who we are to draft and possible trades.  We’d probably do better at this point.  Certainly can’t be worse. 

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, ... said:

We weren't promised roster surgery by the Sabres, so, there's that.

This is true. But in addition to Friedman, we had our own @tom webster tell us they knew they had to fix 2C and add another top-6 forward. I suspect they wanted to do more but just couldn't get it done. Why not? Could be any number of things, but I don't think Botterill deserves any benefit of the doubt. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

This is true. But in addition to Friedman, we had our own @tom webster tell us they knew they had to fix 2C and add another top-6 forward. I suspect they wanted to do more but just couldn't get it done. Why not? Could be any number of things, but I don't think Botterill deserves any benefit of the doubt. 

All I saying is that it's wrong to attribute the idea to the Sabres and call them on something they didn't officially promise.  That they should have promised, and fulfilled, a roster surgery is a different matter. It's obvious that the idea of roster surgery was, and is, necessary. Unfortunately, it was smart of them not to make that promise because it would have just added to the PR nightmare that the organization keeps reinvigorating.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ... said:

All I saying is that it's wrong to attribute the idea to the Sabres and call them on something they didn't officially promise.  That they should have promised, and fulfilled, a roster surgery is a different matter. It's obvious that the idea of roster surgery was, and is, necessary. Unfortunately, it was smart of them not to make that promise because it would have just added to the PR nightmare that the organization keeps reinvigorating.

Meh.  That's just semantics.  Whether he came out and said it or not.  It HAD (and still has) to be done.  

Know what else is a PR nightmare?  Coming near DFL again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Meh.  That's just semantics.  Whether he came out and said it or not.  It HAD (and still has) to be done.  

Know what else is a PR nightmare?  Coming near DFL again.

It's definitely not semantics.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.