GDT: 11/21/19 Sabres @ Bruins, 7 p.m. EST, MSG WGR

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

But they won't. This team could have the best fancy stats in the league and still lose. Cause they don't have actual finishing talent. They need better players. 

They won more than they lost for an entire month, by a lot, just this season. Bad teams are capable of going through good stretches in the NHL.

I don't disagree with the ultimate conclusion, but a month of that play with this team and they'll come out 3 games above regular .500

Edited by Randall Flagg

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think it'd be claiming moral victories to feel good about the loss because they play well.

I don't think it's a moral victory to be encouraged by their play, though, because of the fact that if they bring that game the next month they'll win more than they lose.

The problem is they won’t play like this for the next 4 or 5 games. The only consistent thing with this team is that they are not consistent.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

They won more than they lost for an entire month, by a lot. Bad teams are capable of going through good stretches in the NHL.

I don't disagree with the ultimate conclusion, but a month of that play with this team and they'll come out 3 games above regular .500

Like points % .500? Maybe. 

Just now, Sidc3000 said:

The problem is they won’t play like this for the next 4 or 5 games. The only consistent thing with this team is that they are not consistent.  

This is true too.

My point is that they played pretty solid hockey tonight 

Just now, Thorny said:

Like points % .500? Maybe. 

Again they literally just got done with a 9-2-1 month with the same roster

6 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Hockey I.Q. Is one of the most redonculous terms connected to this game.

Well IMHO if that's what it takes to keep me interested in watching then I guess your questioning my H IQ.?

You Canadians think you invented hockey......... 

Oh Snap you did...  

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This is true too.

My point is that they played pretty solid hockey tonight 

Again they literally just got done with a 9-2-1 month with the same roster

I suppose if the PP catches fire again, it's possible they win some games. But their ES scoring is non existent. 

I doubt it changes now that we get Ristoooooooooooooooooo on the PP in place of a forward, in that he scored a goal so we'll be subjected to 100 more games with it before he's moved. 

1 minute ago, Sidc3000 said:

Good for them. They get a tap on the back and  a hearty “attaboy” but it I really don’t think it mean much

It does if they start to string them together and play this way more than not.. Till then your not wrong either. 

7 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

They put in the effort but unfortunately effort isn’t everything. Lacking talent, NHL caliber players, finish, chemistry, will, grit , experience etc . This team needs a miracle.

I'll be very curious to see how they play in the next game.  I predict they will be back to sucking.  They have done this for a couple years now.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, R_Dudley said:

It does if they start to string them together and play this way more than not.. Till then your not wrong either. 

That's the thing.  There is no way in the world this team will string together efforts of this caliber on a consistent basis.  None.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.