GDT: 11/21/19 Sabres @ Bruins, 7 p.m. EST, MSG WGR

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, R_Dudley said:

Yeah, what you said earlier has me watching all the wrong choices, dumb plays I see our players make at key times. The real question is can some of these guys be coached up or are they as smart as their going to get..   

Hockey I.Q. Is one of the most redonculous terms connected to this game.

2 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Yeah, what you said earlier has me watching all the wrong choices, dumb plays I see our players make at key times. The real question is can some of these guys be coached up or are they as smart as their going to get..   

In terms of hockey IQ we have a roster of short bus riders.

Since they are incapable of beating a good team, i think we should just consider these victories for now on.

I predict they do not beat anyone in the top 8 of the Eastern Conference right now and you can add Toronto iandTampa on top of that group as well. Time to go sell my fifth game in a row.....

Well considering some of the predictions I saw in the GDT when I got in they played a strong game against a top team on the road. 

Baby steps, PP looked better at times , too many brain farts at the wrong times.  Not sure what coaching can fix that so maybe that's part of the problem. Too may dumb players. 

I am going to keep watching this now to see which players have the best IQ. 

Just now, hockeyhound said:

They're on the right track.

They played well.

Much better team.

They are not on a track they are on a roundabout. They look like what they are, a reasonably well coached team severely lacking the only thing that really matters, talent. 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I think it'd be claiming moral victories to feel good about the loss because they play well.

I don't think it's a moral victory to be encouraged by their play, though, because of the fact that if they bring that game the next month they'll win more than they lose.

But they won't. This team could have the best fancy stats in the league and still lose. Cause they don't have actual finishing talent. They need better players. 

Just now, Tondas said:

Really can't complain about much.  But Mitts needs to shoot.

Best game they played in a long time.  Mitts does not shoot enough, in general they overpass.  

I liked Skinner and Sheary tonight. 

McCabe not good. 

The difference tonight was their goalie and our poor special teams - kind of a theme isn’t it? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.