GDT: 11/21/19 Sabres @ Bruins, 7 p.m. EST, MSG WGR

LGR4GM

We are on the top of page 3 and no has mention the 'd' word.

The Sabres can lose every other game this season, so long as they beat these dastardly Bruins.

I think Jack will be motivated tonight and will have a big game.  Jimmy 'don't call me dastardly, just 'cus I'm from there' Vesey with the welcome home hattie.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

AVENGE BRAD FRIGGIN' PARK!!

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Well that's ***** ridiculous

That was my trepidation all summer:  They brought a few players in, but no one was going out.  I think it severely constrains the roster and makes it difficult to move people between Buffalo and Rochester.  And that's how you end up with Gilmour playing forward.

Edited by Doohickie

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If we're doing this "Boston Energy" nonsense then RK might as well put Rodrigues on Eichel's other wing and just let him put the whole line on his back.

I believe Rodrigues played one period on Eichel's line last year. 

I'm pretty sure the line scored two goals that period lol

Edit: it was the season before.

Let's get dat Boston energy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I"m pretty sure Jack's 4 point efforts in Boston were when Bergeron was out. I don't think he scores very much against them when he's not.

Edited by Randall Flagg

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I believe Rodrigues played one period on Eichel's line last year. 

I'm pretty sure the line scored two goals that period lol

Edit: it was the season before.

Let's get dat Boston energy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, I"m pretty sure Jack's 4 point efforts in Boston were when Bergeron was out. I don't think he scores very much against them when he's not.

Let's not waste our good wingers on Jack's line then. They can just defend Bergeron defending them all night and come out neutral. Skinner and Reinhart can play second line wings for Mittelstadt or something.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LTS said:

Think deeper.  The problems of the Sabres STILL date back to before Botterill.  You can assume that there were moves out there that could have been made that would have helped this team.  You may be right.  The Sabres might have been slightly better this year.

Then the expansion draft of 2021 would hit and the Sabres would not be able to protect enough players.  Their prospect pool would be crap because they likely had to give up picks and players to get those better players and in 2022 the Sabres might be back to complete suckitude.

That said, the injury to MoJo is big... he improves the lineup.  The depth isn't there for the Sabres.. we knew that.  Injuries will kill the team.  They have plenty of them.

They will lose 1, I repeat 1 player.  Based on the options and the sad state of affairs it will not be that great of loss and no prospects or picks are needed to protect 1 player.  I hate this argument.  Every team will lose a good player, it is how the system was designed and why the expansion teams forked over big dough to play. 

2 hours ago, ... said:

It's definitely not semantics.

No, but it would actually look worse on JB if he didn't internally believe roster surgery was necessary. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

"extreme foolishness or irrationality."

"the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness."

It's definitely going to become one of those things where people attribute that definition to insanity so much that it'll end up in the dictionary officially, like how "literally" can mean "not actually literally" now. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

No, but it would actually look worse on JB if he didn't internally believe roster surgery was necessary. 

Correct, in fact obvious to the point where I'm disappointed it took multiple posts to draw out.

• Like (+1) 1

Surprise surprise, another angry mob GDT.  So that's where we are now just about a quarter of the way through the season. 

I understand there's lots of ammunition to rehash, trash, deride so many things. This site allows for individual threads on every topic. I might even join in on one of those.

Impossible odds, significant talent difference, unknowns on who coulda, woulda, shoulda done what. 

Not much I can do about any of that really so here in the GDT I'm still not turning in my fan card.  

Looking to see what players show up tonight. Can we start to play a sound team defensive game and limit a better teams opportunities and cash in on our own.

We have enough talent to make special teams work better does that start tonight and how well can we hang with the big boys on their ice. 

Lets go Buffalo.  Fat lady hasn't sang yet. 

• Like (+1) 3

Vessey on the first line.  EROD and Mitts playing 2C and 3C.

How do you beat Boston with the forwards we are dressing?

One quarter of the season is past and our line up looks very poor at forward.  Not bad on defense.  Mediocre at goalie.  

I would play Skinner with Eichel and Reinhart and play them every 3rd shift (plus PPs).  

Predicting Bruins glide to a 5-2 win.  (Goals by Eichel and Skinner). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.