Mike Babcock Fired by Leafs

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Radar said:

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm. Please let it be. Babcock has been exposed.

If by this you mean that he's a coach who can't excel without absolutely top-level talent, I can't agree more.  Reason # nearly infinity why I like coaches who can do more with less.

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

About 10 miles from my house.  Looking forward to a visit.  I was always a Duff's guy growing up however.

Eh.  They opened a Duff's in Grapevine, TX, and it was just another wing place in a strip mall.  I like Duff's in Buffalo, but the one here is totally forgettable.

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Meaning like 500-1, 1000-1

I feel like this needs a smiling Ted Nolan response but I'm lazy and on mobile.

Nolan7RESIZED.jpg

22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

OK.  Certainly many had both Cherry and Babcock gone before the '20-'21 season began.  Did anybody have November for both getting canned?

OMG I just figured it out:  They fired Babs cuz Sportsnet wants to hire him to replace Cherry!  We get to hear mumblespeak EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT!

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Taro T said:

OK.  Certainly many had both Cherry and Babcock gone before the '20-'21 season began.  Did anybody have November for both getting canned?

I will say that the Leaves fan at lunch today didn't expect Babcock to last more than one week from today.  He wasn't being hopeful; this was his prediction.

Old Babs has a mug like a catchers mitt. I’ve always referred to him as old leatherface mostly because I hated him when he coached in Detroit for no particular reason other than they seemed to win a lot. Sour grapes I suppose but he’ll write his own ticket and be back coaching before long despite possibly having the game pass him by.

Mike Commodore can eat my ass.

I remember him diving like a beotch when Danny Briere whispered on his vejayjay behind the net in game 6.

I think Babs is the biggest fraud, dummy there is, but that whiny beotch Commodore can go pound sand.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I will say that the Leaves fan at lunch today didn't expect Babcock to last more than one week from today.  He wasn't being hopeful; this was his prediction.

General consensus among Leafs fans, I think it's fair to say, is that this was absolutely coming and it was absolutely necessary.

Not much surprise that it happened or in its timing among that community.

6 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

General consensus among Leafs fans, I think it's fair to say, is that this was absolutely coming and it was absolutely necessary.

Not much surprise that it happened or in its timing among that community.

I live in the great Satan and have many firiends and family who are leaf fans and this is not the sentiment I have received at all.  There were rumours he could be on the hot seat but the ones I spoke to blame the players and Dubas more than Babs.  Many think he should still be the coach.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.