Mike Babcock Fired by Leafs

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, freester said:

BTW they are opening an Anchor Bar in Kenesaw near you. ?

About 10 miles from my house.  Looking forward to a visit.  I was always a Duff's guy growing up however.

Back on topic for a second, I have never been a Babcock fan.  He won one Cup in Detroit with a stacked roster.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

About 10 miles from my house.  Looking forward to a visit.  I was always a Duff's guy growing up however.

Back on topic for a second, I have never been a Babcock fan.  He won one Cup in Detroit with a stacked roster.  

I hope you’re aware there is a Duffs in Newnan

1 minute ago, millbank said:

Leafs as composed are General Manager Dubas doing., Got to feel Babcock was set up to fail. They now have Sheldon Keefe in place. We shall see if it to good or bad.,

How on earth was he set up to fail?  Having the best centre spine in the NHL last season?  They have stars throughout their forward group and a legit goalie in net.  He lost the team and it's on him.

Immediate fan reaction out Toronto seems they would rather Dubas have gone than Babs.  Interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

How on earth was he set up to fail?  Having the best centre spine in the NHL last season?  They have stars throughout their forward group and a legit goalie in net.  He lost the team and it's on him.

We can disagree. Roster as composed not one that has won come playoff time. Simply not enough grit. Barrie on defense a major fail to this point., Removing vets for low priced players pls error with backup goalie a few obvious problems.,  talking talent special teams power play and kill at this point a absolute mess. Matthews , Marner while talented still both much to learn.,. Tavares like Marner a tough seasons start with injuries. .,

1 hour ago, ... said:

Now we get to see what Sheldon Keefe can do.

I would bet he's going to be an excellent coach, especially with the young team they have.

I wanted him in Buffalo so bad when we hired Housley, and again when we hired Krueger...he's going to be a good one, and now is a perfect time for him to take over.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.