Best all-time commercials during Sabres games

PASabreFan

17 hours ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

The correct answer is the Adelphia commercial with Zhitnik and Hasek.  Hasek is sitting on the couch trying to watch TV and is being screened by player standing in front him.  Zhitnik comes in and DESTROYS the other player and apologizes to Hasek before offering him a shrimp off a serving platter.  Pure comedy gold.

I have searched for this commercial high and low over the years but haven't been able to find it...

This was easily, my favorite commercial too. I spent years searching for this one as well. To no avail.

However, instead of shrimp, I'm pretty sure Hasek ended the commercial by saying to Zhitnik...

Hasek: "Here have a cocktail weenie"

Edited by FiXCzeR
  • Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, FiXCzeR said:

This was easily, my favorite commercial too. I spent years searching for this one as well. To no avail.

However, instead of shrimp, I'm pretty sure Hasek ended the commercial by saying to Zhitnik...

Hasek: "Here have a cocktail weenie"

You are 100% right!  I'm hoping one day I find a box of VHS recordings of Sabres games from '94-'01 at a garage sale so I can find it and share.  

21 hours ago, Doohickie said:

That's the one drawback about watching Sabres games on NHL.tv on my Roku stick- they totally mess with the commercials.  They cut off the broadcast commercials and replace them with the same 3 commercials all game long.  Maddening.  When I watched Center Ice on DirecTV, they usually showed the local commercials or nothing at all.

When I lived in Detroit, the Wings were owned by Mike Ilitch (who also owned Little Caesar's), so naturally there were a lot of Little Caesar's commercials.  Back then they had the most bizarre people on their commercials, people purposefully selected because they looked so bizarre.  I'm not sure if they were shown nationally or just in the Detroit market.  Here's a sample (I won't actually display the Youtube since it wasn't a Buffalo commercial.

Linda Cohn's hockey on ESPN+ will result in a shattered television before this season is over.

I have two that I hate. I dont know if WNY has them like I have in nj

I think it's for Walmart and there is a lady singing, but she does sound effects like a "chew chew train" and a ringing sound. Its horrible. 

The second one is for some fruit pie or something where the kids make a princess toast or something and the lady goes ohhhhhhh in an exaggerated voice. 

Edited by miles

35 minutes ago, miles said:

I have two that I hate. I dont know if WNY has them like I have in nj

I think it's for Walmart and there is a lady singing, but she does sound effects like a "chew chew train" and a ringing sound. Its horrible. 

The second one is for some fruit pie or something where the kids make a princess toast or something and the lady goes ohhhhhhh in an exaggerated voice. 

Not fruit pie.  Gummie vitamins.  Nearly as bad and yes, that commercial is one of the ones that makes it oh, so nice to dvr the game and start watching about 30 minutes after the start.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.