Best all-time commercials during Sabres games

PASabreFan

Brian Campbell Veins Veins Veins where he has a huge scab on his face

There was a commercial for BC/BS, at least I think it was them, that consisted of women dancing by themselves. The african american woman in the commercial had a very memorable dance that I would pull out as a reference at weddings etc. 

Edited by Lanny

That's the one drawback about watching Sabres games on NHL.tv on my Roku stick- they totally mess with the commercials.  They cut off the broadcast commercials and replace them with the same 3 commercials all game long.  Maddening.  When I watched Center Ice on DirecTV, they usually showed the local commercials or nothing at all.

When I lived in Detroit, the Wings were owned by Mike Ilitch (who also owned Little Caesar's), so naturally there were a lot of Little Caesar's commercials.  Back then they had the most bizarre people on their commercials, people purposefully selected because they looked so bizarre.  I'm not sure if they were shown nationally or just in the Detroit market.  Here's a sample (I won't actually display the Youtube since it wasn't a Buffalo commercial.

Edited by Doohickie

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That's the one drawback about watching Sabres games on NHL.tv on my Roku stick- they totally mess with the commercials.  They cut off the broadcast commercials and replace them with the same 3 commercials all game long.  Maddening.  When I watched Center Ice on DirecTV, they usually showed the local commercials or nothing at all.

When I lived in Detroit, the Wings were owned by Mike Ilitch (who also owned Little Caesar's), so naturally there were a lot of Little Caesar's commercials.  Back then they had the most bizarre people on their commercials, people purposefully selected because they looked so bizarre.  I'm not sure if they were shown nationally or just in the Detroit market.  Here's a sample (I won't actually display the Youtube since it wasn't a Buffalo commercial.

Getting the same three commercials over and over doesn't really sound all that different from the normal broadcast.

• Like (+1) 1

Couldn't find either one, probably have both on videotape, but keeping with the Blue bear theme really liked the one where he's meeting various people and then plays chess with a guy with the dialog guy: "checkmate." Bear: "did NOT see that coming."

And the other where he's talking to a hot brunette about life in Canada where he likes most everything except "sleeping on hard cold rocks" "I've got a waterbed." "Check, please!"

• Haha (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, shrader said:

Getting the same three commercials over and over doesn't really sound all that different from the normal broadcast.

Maybe it's come to that, but frankly I think I'd rather watch the same three Buffalo based commercials than a Chevy commercial, a financial planning commercial depicting people younger than me retiring to build and fly homebuilt aircraft in their spare time, and some other commercial that annoys the ***** outta me.

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

Veins Vein Veins.

I haven't figured out the youtube thing yet.

Once you find the video on YouTube...

1. Copy the web address of the video. (Right mouse click on a PC) (two finger click on a apple device)

2. Go to Sabresspace. Go to the thread you want to paste the video.

3. Reply to message like you normally do.

4. Paste the link you copied from YouTube into the body of the reply.

5. Submit.

Give it a shot.

• Thanks (+1) 1

The correct answer is the Adelphia commercial with Zhitnik and Hasek.  Hasek is sitting on the couch trying to watch TV and is being screened by player standing in front him.  Zhitnik comes in and DESTROYS the other player and apologizes to Hasek before offering him a shrimp off a serving platter.  Pure comedy gold.

I have searched for this commercial high and low over the years but haven't been able to find it...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

The correct answer is the Adelphia commercial with Zhitnik and Hasek.  Hasek is sitting on the couch trying to watch TV and is being screened by player standing in front him.  Zhitnik comes in and DESTROYS the other player and apologizes to Hasek before offering him a shrimp off a serving platter.  Pure comedy gold.

I have searched for this commercial high and low over the years but haven't been able to find it...

MUST SEE!  MUST SEE!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.