GDT: 11/19/19 Minnesota @ Buffalo, 7 p.m. EST

SwampD

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Wild beat us at home. 4-1 with their back up goalie shutting us out for 56 minutes  

Our best player had a double minor for fighting/roughing, meaning the guy he fought apparently did not even bother to fight back.  

The NHL Sabres in 2019. 

Man, it sucks.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Been here since 1970.  The Pegula era is simply cancerous. He has yet to hire an experienced and competent person to run the hockey side of the business.   

It's what happens when you hire guys who are doing the job for the first time.

I think Sam Reinhart is afraid of having the puck on his stick. Any time he gets it he never keeps it or possesses it just tries to instantly pass it back to Eichel or the closest player. End result gives it away,  end of sequence. Don't understand the love Montour sometimes gets either. I know he scored the goal, and he can skate and move the puck, but he's absolutely useless in his own end. Now I see why Anaheim dumped him. Outside of Eichel, who tried to spark the team (but there wasn't much to ignite) this team just gets worse and worse. 

This team is an absolute joke. 

Just now, jad1 said:

It's what happens when you hire guys who are doing the job for the first time.

Pegula is the least informed big time hockey fan any of us has ever known.

And he owns both teams.  This is going to remain a problem until he gets really lucky and hires the right guy to make all the decisions for him.

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Isn't that his job? We're about to almost 40 million dollars in Reinhart, Eichel, Skinner and Dahlin. They have to lift the rest. I'm not about to blame Vesey for any of this.

No. Though he certainly helps the players he plays with, ask Jeff Skinner. 

The second bolded, you don't "blame" Vesey, you blame the fact that he's here. What he represents. The potential player he's here instead of. Jack is a 90/100 point player right now, with a rookie on one side, who's scored 5 of our last 6 and assisted on the other. 

You don't blame Vesey, I'm guessing, because you expect his limitations and allow for them. Even 10 million dollar players have limitations. 

Jack needs help.

Edited by Thorny
And if you have an issue with what Jack makes, take it up with Botterill who dished that deal out as fast as he could.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Wild beat us at home. 4-1 with their back up goalie shutting us out for 56 minutes  

Our best player had a double minor for fighting/roughing, meaning the guy he fought apparently did not even bother to fight back.  

The NHL Sabres in 2019. 

not to justify anything, but i suspect stalock will be the starter by the allstar break. he is way better than dubnick this year. i like the wild as my second team, and i really like stalock. 

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Isn't that his job? We're about to almost 40 million dollars in Reinhart, Eichel, Skinner and Dahlin. They have to lift the rest. I'm not about to blame Vesey for any of this.

It’s a team.  Just because Jack is good doesn’t mean that he has to make up the difference for the bad players, and if he can’t then he isn’t doing enough.  That’s not how teams work.  All the teams in the league have a few very good players.  The good teams have good players farther down the lineup too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

I can ask this cuz he scored, but what, exactly, in Montour's is supposed to inspire me  to think he can help us win?

I personally hate the guy but he was warmly received by most Sabres fans.

Good skater, supposed to be a good puck moving D-man who can add some offense.

I don't see it.  He's a good skater; that's it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I can ask this cuz he scored, but what, exactly, in Montour's game is supposed to inspire me  to think he can help us win?

He played 22 minutes per game on a western conference finals team, that specialized in your style of hockey in a brutal conference?

He's also a great skater and effective puck mover, and isn't bad at defense. 

I guess it depends on what you look for in a player. He's a lot better at hockey than some of the guys you really like, even though I think most of that is just to be contrarian for the common whipping boys

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.