GDT: 11/19/19 Minnesota @ Buffalo, 7 p.m. EST

SwampD

Just now, PASabreFan said:

FEROCIOUS, EICHEL-INSPIRED COMEBACK FALLS JUUUUUST A BIT SHORT

Watershed moment in the history of the franchise?  Losing to worst team in hockey before a mixture of boos and empty seats?

Botterill fired tomorrow?  

I'm guessing it will be business as usual.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yup. And fans are still going to contort themselves to find ways to blame him for not lifting the team up. 

Isn't that his job? We're about to almost 40 million dollars in Reinhart, Eichel, Skinner and Dahlin. They have to lift the rest. I'm not about to blame Vesey for any of this.

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So did the Astros who won a WS

And the Patriots owner is getting handies at the famous wok but hey I guess they're upstanding too 

Exactly. This is what I meant eons ago about culture. It's a buzz word. We want culture? Get talent. Win games. Boom, culture. 

Or, we can "Play Connected". 

The Wild beat us at home. 4-1 with their back up goalie shutting us out for 56 minutes  

Our best player had a double minor for fighting/roughing, meaning the guy he fought apparently did not even bother to fight back.  

The NHL Sabres in 2019. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Isn't that his job? We're about to almost 40 million dollars in Reinhart, Eichel, Skinner and Dahlin. They have to lift the rest. I'm not about to blame Vesey for any of this.

Money aside, no forward in this league goes into Jack's spot and makes this a playoff team from what it is now. You can expect it from him and that's fine but it's not how the NHL works. 

Like I posted yesterday, you could replace his minutes with those of best two way player of this generation's best season ever, not even accounting for the dip in linemates and teammates from the transition, and this team would still be bottom of the barrel in goal differential and thus standings

Metaphors about lifting driving from legends of years past doing the same for their teams, but one thing about those teams was always true (unless it's Hasek's team): they weren't nearly as depleted in talent for the 40 minutes per game those players didn't play as Jack's teams here

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Dahlin is on his ELC and makes less than Scandella, so not sure why he got roped into a money-driven comment. 

Anyway, no, it's not Eichel's responsibility to make bad players good from the bench. He's off the ice for 40 minutes per game, the other guys matter. He's leading the team in offense by a mile and on pace for 97 points. Vesey has 2 points and 0 goals. It's absolutely the fault of Vesey and the rest of the supporting cast who stink. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’ve made it a mission to watch every game since around 1997. 

Not sure if I will watch the next few games. This is ridiculous. 

Been here since 1970.  The Pegula era is simply cancerous. He has yet to hire an experienced and competent person to run the hockey side of the business.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.