Will Okposo decide to retire due to concussions?

matter2003

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

In my own way, I am praying that he retires. Enough. Christ.

I also want to acknowledge that he’s been one of the Sabres best skaters this season. Yes, yes — the contract. But he's been good.

It's not about the ####in contract nor the fact that he's played well in the limited role Krueger has assigned him. 

It's entirely about him seemingly being one of the good guys and that personality and even PERSON could be gone with 1 more friggin' shot to the melon.

(Know you get that.  Just reinforcing your initial point.)

• Like (+1) 1

I could care less about cap space. I don't want to end up reading a story in 10-15 years about Kyle suffering from dementia and having to be put in an assisted living facility. We have to do the right thing and tell him we are never going to let him play another second for us ever again. If it leads to lawsuits so be it.

• Like (+1) 2

Many have mentioned that one more hit to the head could be catastrophic.

I am no doctor and don't even play one on SabreSpace, but my fear is that with his concussion history, especially recently, that one hit, or the cumulative effect of that many hits, could have already happened.

I think he should have and was hoping that he would have retired after the last big health scare.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Okposo was sighted at the arena this AM per John Vogl.

I have no problem with him being at the arena, so long as he does not go near the ice, which is assumable, eh?

41 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Was there even confirmation that his latest injury was concussion?

In their weekly injury report, the Sabres acknowledged that veteran winger Kyle Okposo suffered another concussion Saturday night against Ottawa and is listed as out indefinitely.”

https://buffalonews.com/2019/11/18/buffalo-sabres-nhl-kyle-okposo-3/

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

So two of the fans biggest whipping boys(Sobotka & Okposo) are out of the lineup and they are still losing to the worst teams in the league. 

So much for “it doesn’t matter who they bring up, they have to be better...”

They also are missing the only good forward Botterill brought in over the summer and the only other natural center besides Eichel that can legally drink after a home game.  Missing 1/2 of the center spine certainly matters less than having 2 wingers out of the lineup. <_<   (Only 1 of which is bad at his role, so the other being out isn't exactly a positive.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.