Practice Lines 11-18-19

Brawndo

I kind of like the idea of throwing Bogo around on the forecheck.  Could be interesting.  It could just be a stop-gap until they move someone else up from Rochester, or maybe it isn't.  The Sabres have a wealth of defensemen right now; ONE of them at least is capable of skating some minutes at wing.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The fact Botterill still hasn't done anything is appalling. 

Sometimes you send a hologram message and no one ever watches it. While it would be nice to get a top-line winger, if I'm another GM I'm starting my response asking for a #1 pick, a Joker or a Cozens, etc. At this point, our Risto train has probably passed the station (until the trade deadline... when we're getting rentals anyway).

I think we've got to go Skinner-Jack and let Reino take line 2 with MoJo once he's again healthy.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

I kind of like the idea of throwing Bogo around on the forecheck.  Could be interesting.  It could just be a stop-gap until they move someone else up from Rochester, or maybe it isn't.  The Sabres have a wealth of defensemen right now; ONE of them at least is capable of skating some minutes at wing.

Bogo's tenacity is something this lineup needs, but he's been a defenseman all his life. He could be a good power forward, but I just don't see him making this switch at this age coming off an injury. He's no Dandenault as a 7th D.

But yes --- it'd be fun to see Bogo go hunting on the forecheck. And having him and his reach and straight line speed... and willingness to boggle people... It would open up space for Asplund and player X. Maybe for a couple games?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It would open up space for Asplund and player X. Maybe for a couple games?

Not sure I expect Bogo to become Dandenault 2.0, but I think you do what you can with the players on your bench.  I think it might be a fun stint for Bogo to find his game legs without having to worry about a mistake leading directly to a scoring chance.

12 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Agree Hick.  RK talked about going with 7 defensemen recently.  Lets see.

To Darksabre or anyone.  What does save November even mean?

They needed to win 5 games out of their remaining 10 after the Sweden trip. They have already lost 2, including a game they needed to win against a mediocre Chicago team.

1 hour ago, oregelbundet oregelbunden said:

Is there anyone left in Rochester that is not injured and has also ever even sniffed NHL talent? Consequently Bogo playing some RW might not be great, but at might be the best fit until MoJo is back. Plus it would be fun to watch him go into the corners. That would make for some fine entertainment.

Really doubt they play Bogosian (or Miller) at F.  This was simply an acknowledgement that they didn't have enough healthy forwards to run 4 full lines at practice and with Bogo farthest from returning, might as well slide him into wing.

Will be interesting to see if they run 7 D tomorrow night or pull up Smith (or other from the farm). 

My guess would be they do run 7 D, but they use Girgensons and Asplund primarily as PKers and when they want them going out on a regular shifts they slide Vesey or Lazar onto that line.

Expecting Eichel's and Rodrigues' lines get an extra minute or 2 under that scenario.

If they do go 7 D, will be very interested in seeing which 2 D run the 2nd PP unit.  Would go with Miller and Montour were it up to me.

2 hours ago, oregelbundet oregelbunden said:

Is there anyone left in Rochester that is not injured and has also ever even sniffed NHL talent? Consequently Bogo playing some RW might not be great, but at might be the best fit until MoJo is back. Plus it would be fun to watch him go into the corners. That would make for some fine entertainment.

Dea, Porter, Elie. 

5 hours ago, oregelbundet oregelbunden said:

Jean-Sebastian Dea has played 29 NHL games. He's a nifty little forward.  Wouldn't mind seeing him get the call. 

3 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Shocked the name Pominville hasn’t been brought up by anyone yet. 

You shouldn't be. We're smarter than that. 

38 minutes ago, inkman said:

Jean-Sebastian Dea

It irritates my wife when I refer to him as JSD because she thinks it should be D-ah.  I’ve made sure to do it at least a couple times/game when she attends although she saw an interview he did last game and heard his accent and now agrees with me. That ruins all my fun. 
 I’m fairly confident that I’ll find a new shtick soon enough though. 

Edited by Ogre

6 hours ago, oregelbundet oregelbunden said:

I think it would be fun to see Bogo play forward!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.