Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sweetlou

Reinhart, sign him or trade him?

Recommended Posts

On 11/20/2019 at 6:49 AM, CallawaySabres said:

Anyone is up for discussion besides Eichel, anyone. This whole team HAS to be blown up and if that includes firing Botteril today and the new GM gets rid of Krueger, so be it. The image of the organization can't get any worse so I'm not too worried about what that would look like around the NHL circles.

sadly  i think you are right on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will also note for the record that Boston's 1st goal last night was a direct result of Reino losing a puck battle on the wall in the D-zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I will also note for the record that Boston's 1st goal last night was a direct result of Reino losing a puck battle on the wall in the D-zone.

Of course you would because you only comment on things or with things that support whatever is you support and then dip out when you get questioned when things go the other way. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I will also note for the record that Boston's 1st goal last night was a direct result of Reino losing a puck battle on the wall in the D-zone.

This is a reach. Yes Sam lost that battle but the reason that puck ended up in the net is because Ristolainen just let Marchand go to the front unchallenged while McCabe set up a screen... 

Screenshot_20191122-133555.thumb.png.190067edf01298f42fbb16278fee7d94.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

This is a reach. Yes Sam lost that battle but the reason that puck ended up in the net is because Ristolainen just let Marchand go to the front unchallenged while McCabe set up a screen... 

Screenshot_20191122-133555.thumb.png.190067edf01298f42fbb16278fee7d94.png

He doesn't care about your nuances because it doesn't prove the point he wants to make. He thinks Reinhart can't skate and isn't very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Of course you would because you only comment on things or with things that support whatever is you support and then dip out when you get questioned when things go the other way. 

 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Nfreeman doesn't care. He staked a claim on Reinhart not being a good skater or a good player and now that it isn't true he is going to double down on his claim with flimsy evidence. Man, I feel like I have seen this type of playbook run somewhere outside of Sabrespace but my mind is drawing a blank on where. 

I'm hoping you can arrest this temper tantrum before you fly entirely off the rails.

I have posted about a hundred times that Reino is a good player.  I have no interest in dumping him as part of a housecleaning, and in fact I said I would probably re-sign him, despite my opinion that they'll have to pay him more than he's worth. 

That doesn't mean he's a great player, or that he's as good as Draisaitl, or that he's a good skater, or that he doesn't make critical mistakes -- because none of those things is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

 

I'm hoping you can arrest this temper tantrum before you fly entirely off the rails.

I have posted about a hundred times that Reino is a good player.  I have no interest in dumping him as part of a housecleaning, and in fact I said I would probably re-sign him, despite my opinion that they'll have to pay him more than he's worth. 

That doesn't mean he's a great player, or that he's as good as Draisaitl, or that he's a good skater, or that he doesn't make critical mistakes -- because none of those things is true.

So questioning you means I am having a temper tantrum. Seems consistent with how you portray things. 

What does Leon Draisaitl have to do with this? 

He is a good skater which you know but you can't back off from because then you would be wrong. 

As to this the last bolded part... what a stawman argument. This implies I said he doesn't make mistakes which is insane to say. Every player makes mistakes. If you are saying that him losing a 2v1 wall battle while getting no support from his team and allowing a player in front to tip in a point shot is a critical mistake then there we disagree. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video of Reinhart's "bad" skating as he turns and accelerates up ice. Yup he's not a speedster but his skating is actually fairly good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would gladly trade Reinhart if it brings equal value back and reunites Skinner and Eichel.  Samson and a RHD or two should yield a top 2-3 FWD.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I would gladly trade Reinhart if it brings equal value back and reunites Skinner and Eichel.  Samson and a RHD or two should yield a top 2-3 FWD.  

But then we would be out both a top 2-3 fwd and a RHD

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I would gladly trade Reinhart if it brings equal value back and reunites Skinner and Eichel.  Samson and a RHD or two should yield a top 2-3 FWD.  

I’m not sure what this means exactly. What is a top 2-3 forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’m not sure what this means exactly. What is a top 2-3 forward?

Sam Reinhart, on most teams.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Sam's lack of flash will forever leave him undervalued by a good chunk of fans. 

It's the easiest way to tell if a Sabres fan is an idiot. Ask them about Sam.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Sam's lack of flash will forever leave him undervalued by a good chunk of fans. 

Lack of dynamic play, or flash is a factor.  Draft position is as well.  We did tank to get a less than all star level RW.  That's gotta bias opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Weave said:

Lack of dynamic play, or flash is a factor.  Draft position is as well.  We did tank to get a less than all star level RW.  That's gotta bias opinions.

For sure. I'm just frustrated that one of three legitimate top-6 forwards we have is trade bait in the eyes of many in hopes of getting what Sam already is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

For sure. I'm just frustrated that one of three legitimate top-6 forwards we have is trade bait in the eyes of many in hopes of getting what Sam already is. 

I mean, we supported burning the team down once when we had near all stars as the top of the team, what makes you think the idea we can improve fortunes by jettisoning them wouldn't change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Weave said:

I mean, we supported burning the team down once when we had near all stars as the top of the team, what makes you think the idea we can improve fortunes by jettisoning them wouldn't change?

Because the context isn't the same. Eichel and Dahlin are a wee bit better building blocks at the two most important positions than Roy and Myers. Of course, I wouldn't mind a Ryan Miller caliber goaltender to group with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Because the context isn't the same. Eichel and Dahlin are a wee bit better building blocks at the two most important positions than Roy and Myers. Of course, I wouldn't mind a Ryan Miller caliber goaltender to group with them. 

Rhetorical sarcasm was rhetorical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 7:57 PM, Weave said:

Lack of dynamic play, or flash is a factor.  Draft position is as well.  We did tank to get a less than all star level RW.  That's gotta bias opinions.

Did we tank for Reinhart? Wasn't that just a byproduct of preparing for the 2015 tank for McEichel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Did we tank for Reinhart? Wasn't that just a byproduct of preparing for the 2015 tank for McEichel?

Absolutely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weave said:

Absolutely 

Absolutely we tanked for him or absolutely it was a byproduct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Absolutely we tanked for him or absolutely it was a byproduct

Tanked.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 6:33 PM, Weave said:

Absolutely 

Yep.  It made the tank even more frustrating than it was set up to be.  Rather than tanking for MacKinnon or McEichel; Regier decided to tank in the year that no "generational" forwards were supposed to be available unlike each year surrounding the tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...