Reinhart, sign him or trade him?

sweetlou

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd trade Reinhart for a center

Would that be, dare I say it, fine?

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

after watching the Arizona game I'd give him away for a bag of peanuts. 

Found Botterill's burner!

Edited by Thorny

15 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

comparing ROR to Reinhart?

lol

To "pull an O'Reilly" is just to receive exceptionally poor value in return from a trade. Players don't have to be strictly comparable. 

Edited by Thorny

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Say what you want, his lack of effort in the biggest game of the year was disgusting. 

He has completely disappeared on this 0 for 3 road trip.  

He's a more talented version of Derek Roy.  Send him packing. The only problem is our GM will NOT be able to get fair value for him in a trade, so I am reluctant to see him go. 

Off season move to Columbus...Reinhart for Wennberg and Anderson.  Anderson gives Sabres true power forward to play on Jacks wing and Wennberg gives Sabres true #2 center for next three years or until Cozens is ready.

Also Anderson will be cheaper than Reinhart.  Wennberg is a pass first center which would fit well with Skinner.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Off season move to Columbus...Reinhart for Wennberg and Anderson.  Anderson gives Sabres true power forward to play on Jacks wing and Wennberg gives Sabres true #2 center for next three years or until Cozens is ready.

Also Anderson will be cheaper than Reinhart.  Wennberg is a pass first center which would fit well with Skinner.

Except that Wennberg is an only ok 3C.  He would be totally overmatched as a 2C.  May as well just stick with Johansson there.

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

comparing ROR to Reinhart?

lol

You can't read. I mean good lord go back to 6th grade and understand how comparisons work. See the word trade? It's almost like that's important to the context of the comparison. What a ***** failure of an attempted burn. 

Lol

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

I don't view wennberg as good enough. You need a legit 2c. Not a mediocre or borderline one. There's only 2 trade options and I prefer tampa. 

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

He has completely disappeared on this 0 for 3 road trip.  

He's a more talented version of Derek Roy.  Send him packing. The only problem is our GM will NOT be able to get fair value for him in a trade, so I am reluctant to see him go. 

I found myself thinking this as well last night. As a matter of fact,  did he play?....Oh wait there he is!

8 hours ago, sweetlou said:

If Torts has any say he'd veto any move of Sam to Columbus. He only likes guys who work hard every shift and that isn't Reinhart. 

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

If Torts has any say he'd veto any move of Sam to Columbus. He only likes guys who work hard every shift and that isn't Reinhart. 

You’ve got unbelievable stamina. This argument was tiring years ago, yet you persist. My hat goes off to you. 

9 minutes ago, #freejame said:

You’ve got unbelievable stamina. This argument was tiring years ago, yet you persist. My hat goes off to you. 

Because he keeps proving it true.  Have you watched the games in this critical/meaningful 3 game road trip? He's been awful and his effort level against Phoenix was at an all time low when it should have been at an all time high. Compare him in that game to the way Keller dug down and worked his ass off for them. That is what he should be giving us at this time of year and we get the exact opposite.

So it's not a tiring argument, it's the truth, and many people are starting to see it.

I'm on Sam's side.  But Freeman made a good point.  Sam has a great chance here to step up with Jack having an issue of some sort.  I'd love to see Sam find an extra gear and try to make up for what Jack is missing right now.  But either Sam doesn't have that extra gear or he hasn't put it on display for some reason.  This is one of those "the team needs you" moments and Sam hasn't really answered the bell.  It's disappointing for sure.

One thing Jack has been consistent about is, he really picks up his game when he is playing against the guys he was compared to around his draft time, McDavid and Matthews.  Their success seems to be a source of motivation for Jack.  Draisaitle has stepped up and is doing his damndest to make up for McDavid.  We really need Sam to take note of that and work to one up his draft comparable.

• Like (+1) 2

Sam is.... OK. 

Metrics aside (not something I'm really into) using my own personal subjective eye test, I haven't been overly happy with someone we're about to shell out potential big bucks too. Not really physical, not really explosive and dissapears in big moments too much. 

He'd be fine here if the team around him wasn't a hot mess, but I don't think he's someone we should.be relying on as a top 2 player on the team, maybe closer to 3 or 4. 

I am hoping for a trade, but the right trade, cirelli or Hertl+, etc. 

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Sam is a great player, but seems to lack a higher gear when it comes to big games.

ergo he's not a great player because to be a great player you need to have that higher gear, and you have to use it.

Weave's comment about Draisaitl taking it up a notch and leading in McDavid's absence is spot on.  

I’d move Sam for the right player in return. What that is I don’t know. But Sam, to me, is too slow for this league. He can’t seem to drive his own line. He seems to lack motivation imo. I can see him being happy on the West Coast closer to home.

For the money I believe there are better values out there. For example the Canucks traded for TJ Miller and he is cheaper and more effective. He also plays with an edge and some jam. When the Canucks gave up a 1st rounder they were raked over the coals for it. But the move was perfect. 

He has 26 goals and 42 helpers while being plus 9. He’s playing with some good players but not a Jack either.

So if they can find a guy like that with some term left I’d be moving on from Sam. Again not going to sit here and look for who that could be but it is certainly doable.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Reinhart last 3 games.

0g, 0a, -6, 5 shots, 1hit, 29% on faceoffs

This is fun. Here's a sabre over the last 3 games

0g, 0a, -6, 11 shots, 3 hits, 55% on faceoffs

You know what is a really meaningless, hits. 

How about this player

0g, 0a, -3, 7 shots, 1 hit, 50% on 2 faceoffs

I don't include there names because raw numbers like this lack substance and context and that is my point. 

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

I’d move Sam for the right player in return. What that is I don’t know. But Sam, to me, is too slow for this league. He can’t seem to drive his own line. He seems to lack motivation imo. I can see him being happy on the West Coast closer to home.

For the money I believe there are better values out there. For example the Canucks traded for TJ Miller and he is cheaper and more effective. He also plays with an edge and some jam. When the Canucks gave up a 1st rounder they were raked over the coals for it. But the move was perfect. 

He has 26 goals and 42 helpers while being plus 9. He’s playing with some good players but not a Jack either.

So if they can find a guy like that with some term left I’d be moving on from Sam. Again not going to sit here and look for who that could be but it is certainly doable.

Anthony Cirelli

Also Buffalo should have traded for Miller, a lot of us wanted them too. I would not have traded #7 overall for Miller though. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.