Reinhart, sign him or trade him?

sweetlou

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Indeed, Matt Tkachuk would be a nice return but we'd have to add to that. And not just a throw-in either.

Tkachuk this year 10/24/34

Reinhart this year 25/15/40

Tkachuk average per 82 25/39/64

Reinhart average per 82 24/30/54

Tkachuk has bonus points for being nasty. I wonder if Sam gets the centre bonus yet?

Reinhart is an RFA this summer, but Tkachuk has a poison pill contract requiring a $9 million QO next summer.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Tkachuk this year 10/24/34

Reinhart this year 25/15/40

Tkachuk average per 82 25/39/64

Reinhart average per 82 24/30/54

Tkachuk has bonus points for being nasty. I wonder if Sam gets the centre bonus yet?

Reinhart is an RFA this summer, but Tkachuk has a poison pill contract requiring a $9 million QO next summer.

Matt is also two years younger.

IF we were to trade Samson (not convinced it's the right move) I wonder if you call hometown Vancouver and ask about a Samson for Horvat or Boeser swap. There were rumors one might be available last offseason.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Matt is also two years younger.

IF we were to trade Samson (not convinced it's the right move) I wonder if you call hometown Vancouver and ask about a Samson for Horvat or Boeser swap. There were rumors one might be available last offseason.

Vancouver and Calgary are two teams under a lot of pressure to do something significant. 
San Jose and Anaheim are teams that might be itchy as well.

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Vancouver and Calgary are two teams under a lot of pressure to do something significant. 
San Jose and Anaheim are teams that might be itchy as well.

I've got my eyes all over Calgary (Johnny G, Lindholm, Monahan, Tkachuk) and Vancouver (Boeser, Horvat, Schmidt).

I've always had an affinity for Logan Couture purely because he's a Bills fan but he's probably aged out as a target now but Hertl and Meier could be of interest.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Sam is worth more Tkachuk is the most overrated player in the nhl and all his teammates hate him .

Pass 

Ideally you'd provide some evidence for claims like this because otherwise this feels hollow. Tkachuk definitely has more value in a trade than Reinhart.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Ideally you'd provide some evidence for claims like this because otherwise this feels hollow. Tkachuk definitely has more value in a trade than Reinhart.

Please  tell me how Tkachuk is worth more he had his 1 hey day of 77 points  and now he has a QO of 9 million . Hes just another loser like tom wilsion 

(Matthew Tkachuk is actually available, but the scribe believes that Calgary should be open to entertaining offers. He writes, “They should also be open to offers on Matthew Tkachuk, who has one season left at $7 mil before becoming a RFA.” Noting his production has dropped and his leadership skills brought into question, this might be the right time to make a move.)

Sounds great to me ! We dont need this attitude here 

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

I've got my eyes all over Calgary (Johnny G, Lindholm, Monahan, Tkachuk) and Vancouver (Boeser, Horvat, Schmidt).

I've always had an affinity for Logan Couture purely because he's a Bills fan but he's probably aged out as a target now but Hertl and Meier could be of interest.

Johnny hockey would be interesting but everyone believes he signs with the flyers next year .

Monahan is terrible his defense is Ristolainen bad we can do much better. 

Edited by Buffalonill

30 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Please  tell me how Tkachuk is worth more he had his 1 hey day of 77 points  and now he has a QO of 9 million . Hes just another loser like tom wilsion 

(Matthew Tkachuk is actually available, but the scribe believes that Calgary should be open to entertaining offers. He writes, “They should also be open to offers on Matthew Tkachuk, who has one season left at $7 mil before becoming a RFA.” Noting his production has dropped and his leadership skills brought into question, this might be the right time to make a move.)

Sounds great to me ! We dont need this attitude here 

Tkachuk’s 77 points and 61 points would be Samson’s first and third most points in a season and he’s not that far off this season point production wise. He’s three years younger. If both were made available more teams would call with stronger offers to Calgary.

Your verbiage makes it clear you’re letting a personal grudge impact your thoughts here.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Tkachuk’s 77 points and 61 points would be Samson’s first and third most points in a season and he’s not that far off this season point production wise. He’s three years younger. If both were made available more teams would call with stronger offers to Calgary.

Your verbiage makes it clear you’re letting a personal grudge impact your thoughts here.

If you want a guy thats a cancer go for it hes not a leader just another tom wilson ***** that only cares about himself 

He will be the next Laine 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

That's great.  Hope he learns how to be fully engaged every game, not just when guys are out.

He's been great at the dot too, would like to hear from him what he's done to improve.

18 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

That's great.  Hope he learns how to be fully engaged every game, not just when guys are out.

He's been great at the dot too, would like to hear from him what he's done to improve.

Practiced... gonna go with practiced. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Lest we forget Reinharts heroic end of season awakening he has done every freaking year of his career. Stats junkies won’t plot production vs games played year after year and see how he is invisible until any hope of playoffs is over and then he starts padding stats.

There’s no doubt he has the talent. The gripe is that he chooses not to use it properly. At least he’s playing center now, but he’s still the guy not tying up a stick in front of the net as he doesn’t play physical at all, allowing critical goals when the other team is actually pushing hard. 

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

Lest we forget Reinharts heroic end of season awakening he has done every freaking year of his career. Stats junkies won’t plot production vs games played year after year and see how he is invisible until any hope of playoffs is over and then he starts padding stats.

There’s no doubt he has the talent. The gripe is that he chooses not to use it properly. At least he’s playing center now, but he’s still the guy not tying up a stick in front of the net as he doesn’t play physical at all, allowing critical goals when the other team is actually pushing hard. 

You claimed it, you do the work to prove it. 

Go for it, breakdown Reinhart's production by week and plot it against when the Sabres were officially eliminated from the playoffs. This year you probably should exclude as he got a new coach and position right when his production increased which makes that a more plausible variable as opposed to "out of the playoffs". But for let's say the previous 4 years, what does it look like?

6 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

This is entirely false. Look at the numbers.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3114722/sam-reinhart

The history of Reinhart haters moving the goalposts has become laughable. At least do what @PerreaultForever has done and say “I just don’t like him and I’m not going to change my mind”

Its a lot better than making things up, or holding him to higher standards than 90 per cent of the league.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is entirely made up. Look at the numbers.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3114722/sam-reinhart

I didn't add things up, but I looked at your page and over the last few years, he has scored more in the 2nd half of the year (at least his best months are in the 2nd half)...seeming to score more when the Sabres have been eliminated or are very close to it...rather than in the beginning of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I didn't add things up, but I looked at your page and over the last few years, he has scored more in the 2nd half of the year (at least his best months are in the 2nd half)...seeming to score more when the Sabres have been eliminated or are very close to it...rather than in the beginning of the season.

His best months are December and January. 

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Last year points by month: 11, 9, 11, 11, 8 that’s remarkably consistent for one thing. For another, the last month of the season is his worst.

Previous year: 6, 15, 17, 7, 12, 5. Pretty inconsistent, but, again garbage time was his worst month

2017-18 was the year he he kicked ass in the 2nd half after a horrible 1st half when some started calling him a bust, which may be the source  of this myth. (4, 6, 1, 9, 13, 14). For the record, that whole season was garbage time.

2017 4, 8, 9, 9, 8, 8 - about as consistent as it gets.

2016 - 4, 5, 6, 5, 8, 12 - steady improvement as a rookie

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Practiced... gonna go with practiced. 

I notice you said, not the game, but practise.  Not the game, not the game that he loves, but practise. 😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.