Reinhart, sign him or trade him?

sweetlou

Can we end this please?  Trading the third-best (and even that's acknowledging Dahln's potential) player on the team for nothing less than a complete haul of Lindros-Like return is stupid.  If someone wants to hand the Sabres the keys to the Cup, fine.  Otherwise, this is silly.  Again. silly.  Pi and PF, you are looking like nutcases.

Edited by Eleven

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No because it's not about that. 

You seem to care more about being right than about the Sabres. Just my impression. 

Look, the issue was about seeing Cirelli as an addition we'd both like, I said earlier we agree on that. Who said ti first doesn't matter to me but it seems to matter to you.

So whatever, we agree, leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ok, you were first, you're right, you're awesome. Happy now? Jeez.

That's it.  I'm not even involved much in this, but you're insufferable.  To Ignore you go.

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You seem to care more about being right than about the Sabres. Just my impression. 

Pot.  Kettle.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'm sure you can look up what you missed.

Ha, I watched the game finally, he had a nice goal.   He looked better all around, more engaged, etc...  Need to see that version of him that more consistently.   

Gonna watch the WPG game after I get home from the Duck game.

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Look, the issue was about seeing Cirelli as an addition we'd both like, I said earlier we agree on that. Who said ti first doesn't matter to me but it seems to matter to you.

So whatever, we agree, leave it at that. 

My issue is not who said it first. My issue is your insinuation that this board was somehow clueless to him being brought in and ignored you over it. I can trace a Cirelli trade back to Hoss suggesting it on July 5th of 2018. Then in February last year there was speculation of Risto to Tampa and Cirelli was the hot name. It was discussed. 

On 2/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, PerreaultForever said:

I like Cirelli a lot as a player and if you go back about a year I was saying we should target him in a future trade. At the time, the idea was met with no interest on the board. Glad we now agree. 

This. This is what is annoying to me because it simply is not true. 

For the record you first mention Cirelli in May of 2019 during the Worlds. Over the next 1 month there are roughly 20+ posts discussing a Cirelli trade. 

Edited by LGR4GM

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

My issue is not who said it first. My issue is your insinuation that this board was somehow clueless to him being brought in and ignored you over it. I can trace a Cirelli trade back to Hoss suggesting it on July 5th of 2018. Then in February last year there was speculation of Risto to Tampa and Cirelli was the hot name. It was discussed. 

This. This is what is annoying to me because it simply is not true. 

For the record you first mention Cirelli in May of 2019 during the Worlds. Over the next 1 month there are roughly 20+ posts discussing a Cirelli trade. 

Please get a hobby or some other real life interest and let this go

21 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Read: “I was wrong and I don’t like that you showed that. Please refrain moving forward.”

No, read as I can't be bothered to keep going on about it. 

I have an old Charles Bukowski quote I like to use in these situations. "let them have their little victories, they need them more than I do."

That's it. Sorry. Really don't care. 

To bring the topic back into focus, it comes down to the amount of money doesn't it?

Kreider just signed 7 years and I think a 6.5 mil AAV.

Pageau 6 years @ 5 mil per. 

Is Reinhart worth more? 

Personally I like Pageau as a player more for his style and attitude but he's arguably less talented. Not less valuable but less talented.

Kreider I would trade Reinhart for straight up easily so for me, paying Reinhart more than 6 mil over term would be too much. and that's what I'm worried JBot will do.

The suggestion that Reinhart should make less than Kreider is questionable considering Reinhart is 24 compared to Kreider at 29. Also of questionable nature is the fact Sam will have outproduced Kreider these past 2 seasons. Kreider will start his decline or potentially already has. Reinhart is about to enter his 3 year prime window. Paying Reinhart less than 6mil is a pipe dream. He will get at somewhere in the 7mil range. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

To bring the topic back into focus, it comes down to the amount of money doesn't it?

Is Reinhart worth more? 

Personally I like Pageau as a player more for his style and attitude but he's arguably less talented. Not less valuable but less talented.

Kreider I would trade Reinhart for straight up easily so for me, paying Reinhart more than 6 mil over term would be too much. and that's what I'm worried JBot will do.

Do I like paying Rhino 6+ over 7yrs? No. But that's market value whether I like it or not. I think  what you're worried about will happen because that's the market.

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The suggestion that Reinhart should make less than Kreider is questionable considering Reinhart is 24 compared to Kreider at 29. Also of questionable nature is the fact Sam will have outproduced Kreider these past 2 seasons. Kreider will start his decline or potentially already has. Reinhart is about to enter his 3 year prime window. Paying Reinhart less than 6mil is a pipe dream. He will get at somewhere in the 7mil range. 

Hoping Reinhart's deal is $7MMx8yrs (would be ecstatic for $6.5x8) but am expecting $8x8 as the $1-1.5MM Skinner overpayment works it's way through the roster.

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is Reinhart worth more? 

Keep in mind that Kreider is four years older than Reinhart.  I don't think it's realistic that Reinhart will make less than $6.5M.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

Hoping Reinhart's deal is $7MMx8yrs (would be ecstatic for $6.5x8) but am expecting $8x8 as the $1-1.5MM Skinner overpayment works it's way through the roster.

So 2 overpaid contracts, great. That'd be a definite recipe for long term success. 

the age thing is a tricky one to evaluate but to me it comes down to how good they are and thus how valuable they are to the team. This is a combination of stats, character, leadership, the whole package. He's not as good as Kreider imo.

I'd rather see him traded, and a Kreider type player signed in his place. 

On 2/24/2020 at 3:30 PM, Taro T said:

Peeps, we're finally having a pretty good February and a modestly positive trade deadline line.  Enjoy.

(And Reinhart has been a solid contributor to that pretty good February.)

?

He's been ok lately. He's been a whopping minus at ES the past couple months and has little ES production to show for it. 

8 points in 13 February games (50 point pace) and is a -4. 

He's a really good player. I fear (not fear, but perhaps grudgingly accept) that we may have now witnessed Reinhart's "ceiling" give or take a bit. I'm not saying his production may not spike in another year, but at 24, he's now pacing for slightly less production than last year, 64 points now. 

He's probably settled in as an ~65 point, legitimate mid-pack first line RWer. 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I’ll say it:  with Eichel seemingly hindered by injury, Reino has not stepped up in the past couple of games, which were critical games.  He did zero last night vs Vegas.  

He simply doesn't skate well enough to keep up with teams like Vegas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.