Reinhart, sign him or trade him?

sweetlou

On 2/3/2020 at 6:33 PM, pi2000 said:

Is that good enough?    Or would the team be better off with a more well-rounded player who maybe doesn't have the same point production with Eichel?   Tough call.

False dichotomy.  The answer is to keep Reino *and* add a well-rounded player to replace some of the trash that shouldn't be on the team.

• Like (+1) 2

Right now, he's starting to whine in public, calling out his teammates for doing exactly what he himself does on a regular basis. I think this locker room is in shambles.

I've gone from "underwhelmed" by Sam, to "fed up".

The only guys on this team with the right to call someone out is Eichel, and to an extent, Ulmark. The rest can shut up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Trade!

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Remember when the Buffalo media clowns greased the skids to con everyone to run ROR out of town? Remember just how awesome that turned out? Welp, it's happening again. And people are getting conned like a bunch of marks at the county fair by them AGAIN. 

ROR wouldn’t have turned his attitude around without being dealt.  Reinhart was always his entitled disciple. 

44 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Trade!

ROR wouldn’t have turned his attitude around without being dealt.  Reinhart was always his entitled disciple. 

The fact that you continue pushing the most ridiculous narrative in hockey history well after it has been completely and utterly destroyed is actually somewhat admirable in a way. Like those Japanese soldiers in the Pacific staying in their posts decades after the war had ended and their nation had been long since defeated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Remember when the Buffalo media clowns greased the skids to con everyone to run ROR out of town? Remember just how awesome that turned out? Welp, it's happening again. And people are getting conned like a bunch of marks at the county fair by them AGAIN. 

I don’t remember the media being the clowns trying to run ROR out of town.  I remember a big chunk of the fanbase being the clowns that wanted him out.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The fact that you continue pushing the most ridiculous narrative in hockey history well after it has been completely and utterly destroyed is actually somewhat admirable in a way. Like those Japanese soldiers in the Pacific staying in their posts decades after the war had ended and their nation had been long since defeated.

ROR admitted it himself. In Buffalo he was looked up to as a leader and couldn’t handle the pressure. That pressure was gone in St Louis. And that team was still last place until January. 

So much for “utterly destroyed’ 

When this trade happens, we get picks and a B prospect back, and ppl bitch Eich doesn't have a good rw to play with, I'm coming back here. 

The list of bad players is long before you'd ever come close to Reinhart. 

I gotta love that year after year of Ristolainen screwing up was explained away by his age. Oh he'll grow and learn. Reinhart though, even though he's been better,every single season, nah man he's garbage gotta trade. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

When this trade happens, we get picks and a B prospect back, and ppl bitch Eich doesn't have a good rw to play with, I'm coming back here. 

The list of bad players is long before you'd ever come close to Reinhart. 

I gotta love that year after year of Ristolainen screwing up was explained away by his age. Oh he'll grow and learn. Reinhart though, even though he's been better,every single season, nah man he's garbage gotta trade. 

So JBOT needs to go, then trade Sam... who still has decent value... the other bad players aren't worth spit.

This board is amazing. Completely out of touch with the bigger picture and I should not be surprised at all that Reinhart is the pariah to most around here, just like ROR before him. This time the excuses are even dumber. There's no lost his love of the game. There's just a constant diatribe that without Eichel, Reinhart would be what? a 40 point player? Considering all his numbers go up without Eichel this seems questionable at best. But hey, let's not sign him and trade him for a prospect, a pick, and another 3rd line player. That's what these trades look like and we know that. So if you are good with waiting another 3 years, trade him. At least then I won't have to listen to the stupid commentary especially after last night. Yup ***** play by Reinhart at the end of the period which he can in no way learn from or improve upon. The rest of the team sure showed up though and played hard, if only it weren't for that 1 bad Sam play we could have won. Connor Sheary last night was great. Jimmy Vesey continues his hot play. Michael Frolik, what a great addition. Jeff Skinner the 9 million dollar man, he was very noticable. If only Sam Reinhart hadn't sucked those players were ready to carry us to victory. ***** off. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Oh yea, our problem is definitely Sam Reinhart. He is the reason for all our woes. We trade him for a bunch of stuff and we will magically be better than using cap and signing him. Next closest forward to Reinhart that isn't currently injured is... Marcus Johansson with half as many points. What a great ***** idea this is. 

ReinhartProblem.thumb.PNG.05284c86d04f17d4d5e8a2c79461c99f.PNG

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

John "Vortex of Sadness" Vogl anyone???

Wanted him run out of town?   I don’t know.  I don’t subscribe to the Athletic.  I do remember Harrington and Gleason lamenting that he was traded instead of fixing the real problem.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This board is amazing. Completely out of touch with the bigger picture and I should not be surprised at all that Reinhart is the pariah to most around here, just like ROR before him. This time the excuses are even dumber. There's no lost his love of the game. There's just a constant diatribe that without Eichel, Reinhart would be what? a 40 point player? Considering all his numbers go up without Eichel this seems questionable at best. But hey, let's not sign him and trade him for a prospect, a pick, and another 3rd line player. That's what these trades look like and we know that. So if you are good with waiting another 3 years, trade him. At least then I won't have to listen to the stupid commentary especially after last night. Yup ***** play by Reinhart at the end of the period which he can in no way learn from or improve upon. The rest of the team sure showed up though and played hard, if only it weren't for that 1 bad Sam play we could have won. Connor Sheary last night was great. Jimmy Vesey continues his hot play. Michael Frolik, what a great addition. Jeff Skinner the 9 million dollar man, he was very noticable. If only Sam Reinhart hadn't sucked those players were ready to carry us to victory. ***** off. 

People can't handle losing and become irrational.  You know, it's what fans tell themselves is acceptable behavior.  "I'm a fan, so I'm supposed to be irrational."  You'll live longer if you just ignore the insanity people are spewing at this point.

Trade anyone, fire everyone.  People forget that happened once before... say right about the time the team last made the playoffs.  Everyone has the answer, but to date no one has had the answer. 

People are nuts.  It's how it goes.  Last night the Golden Boy #9 had reverted back to the Eichel of last season.  Smashing his stick in the corner and then causing an offsides because he was whining.  The team clearly is not playing the way it needs to play, but you can't have your "C" smashing sticks in the corner just because he missed the net with a shot.

The Sabres have shallow depth and have lost more man games to injury this season.  Those are bad combinations. They also play in a loaded conference in a loaded division. They aren't good enough.  They weren't going to be good enough.  People want to continue to hang onto the fact that trading Eeyore to the Blues was the problem. That somehow Eeyore would have saved the franchise.  The same guy who felt Buffalo hated him.. (hmmm).. yeah. I am sure it would have been great for him to stick around.  His last year in Buffalo the fans made Eeyore feel like he didn't love the game, that it was all his fault.  That's the mentally strong player you want leading your team.  The one who could overcome the crushing despair of the fanbase.  

The fans are being asshats and directing their ire in the wrong places.  There's only 1 name that belongs at the top of the list as to why the Sabres are where they are, Pegula.  They screwed up the franchise with their ineptitude as owners. They're learning, but the damage takes a long time to recover from. 

But people want to ignore rational thinking and want to roast everyone at the fire.  A large portion of the Sabres fan base has gone off the deep end and are having their own versions of the Salem Witch Trials. 

Meh.  All I can say is, tune them out.  You'll be happier.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The funniest thing about the trade Reinhart crowd is they’re the same people who say people come to buffalo and suck and then leave and magically get better. So is Sam going to be playing at a PPG once he leaves? If he does, will you start bitching about having traded him? Pretty sure there’s plenty that complained incessantly about ROR and his attitude and wanted him gone and now want to bitch about the trade for days. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/5/2020 at 5:00 PM, Doohickie said:

False dichotomy.  The answer is to keep Reino *and* add a well-rounded player to replace some of the trash that shouldn't be on the team.

I'm sorry but this sounds like team building. It is almost like if we dumped Sheary and added 3mil of his salary to Reinhart's salary we would be a better team than dumping Sheary and Reinhart. But hey, who wants talented players on the team? They just leech off of Jack from what I am told. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

Pet peeve - Why can’t the NHL update the position of a player based on the position he actually plays. For example; why are Reinhart and Girgensons listed as centers?  When is the last time either player lined up at center for a complete game?  5 years ago? How hard is it to properly update a darn database?

Back to the topic.  Sam isn’t being traded.  Here is the list of guys who won’t be traded: Jack, Sam, Skinner, Dahlin and Jokiharju.  Our depth is on defense.  This is where Jbot or his successor will trade from to secure the centers we need.  Miller, McCabe, Risto and Montour all have good trade value.  Two of them are the currency needed to start improving the forwards. 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Wanted him run out of town?   I don’t know.  I don’t subscribe to the Athletic.  I do remember Harrington and Gleason lamenting that he was traded instead of fixing the real problem.

Vogl became my least favorite media member for his writings before, during, and after the ROR trade. He helped blow up the quote into some big, meaningful thing that meant ROR could no longer be here. He helped convince people whose immediate reactions here and on hfboards were "well duh, he just went through the most futile and frustrating season a player could go to" to move to a perpetual stream of "ROR is a cancer" talk for seven months after the trade happened.

I strongly dislike Vogl and it stems from his writing from April through the summer of 2018

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Last night the Golden Boy #9 had reverted back to the Eichel of last season.  Smashing his stick in the corner and then causing an offsides because he was whining. 

Was going to mention this, it happened right in front of me. Jack's worst play in at least 3 years.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Vogl became my least favorite media member for his writings before, during, and after the ROR trade. He helped blow up the quote into some big, meaningful thing that meant ROR could no longer be here. He helped convince people whose immediate reactions here and on hfboards were "well duh, he just went through the most futile and frustrating season a player could go to" to move to a perpetual stream of "ROR is a cancer" talk for seven months after the trade happened.

I strongly dislike Vogl and it stems from his writing from April through the summer of 2018

Was going to mention this, it happened right in front of me. Jack's worst play in at least 3 years.

I think you’re giving too many people here credit. I remember the majority being very much at arms over his comment. But I may be misremembering. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.