Reinhart, sign him or trade him?

sweetlou

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

You want to see Jack request a trade?  Get rid of Reinhart. 

I don't think that is true at all. If it is true, then I would trade Jack as well. There is no way you can run a successful organization if players demand their friends stay and get paid. 

The success of a trade is abstract and impossible in a hypothetical discussion. It all depends on who/what he is traded for doesn't it? I mean a lot of people were ok with the idea of trading ROR, even felt it was needed, but the return has united everyone (I think) in agreeing it was bad for the team. If it's a good trade and the team is better for it, Jack will be fine with it too. 

45 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

If you run a team and think outside of the obvious (McDavid, Eichel, etc) are untradeable, you shouldn't be running a team.

It always depends on the return.  

I'm not against the idea.  The return should be a better defenseman to replace Risto who will get us a forward.  

In theory....

Welcome to the board. 

One of the problems with this scenario is you will need to acquire another Top 6 Forward to replace Samson. 

Trading Samson leaves this 

Olofsson-Eichel-xxx

Skinner-xxx-.??Johansson

That’s 2-3 Top Six Forwards that would be needed, rather than 1-2 forwards. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Second Line Center said:

If you run a team and think outside of the obvious (McDavid, Eichel, etc) are untradeable, you shouldn't be running a team.

It always depends on the return.  

I'm not against the idea.  The return should be a better defenseman to replace Risto who will get us a forward.  

In theory....

Welcome!!

You are the second line center that we have all been dreaming of.  

Sent you a welcome beer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I do not mind keeping Reinhart as long as we can get him off Jack's line.  I envision a Kane and Toews scenario next year.

Olofsson, Eichel, ???

Skinner, Cozens, Reinhart

Jack and Olof have shown some chemistry and I like Olof's two way game.  They need a big physical RW who can also put puck in net, like a Josh Anderson or Alex Tuch.  I'm not sure if Thompson fits that mold yet. Maybe in three years. 

Cozens I believe is the perfect centerman between Skinner and Reinhart.  Don't give me the crap that he is too young.  

Mitts didn't fit well because he was not a physical type of player.  Cozens doesn't mind going to the net and the corners.

I would trade Risto if I could get a Anderson or Such back in return.

44 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd be wary of penciling Cozens in as the 2c. Now if you want him to start as the 3c or the 2rw then maybe. His north south attacking style should translate well to the NHL. 

I agree with this.  I’d like Jbot to get an strong insurance policy to avoid forcing this kid into the NHL at all much less forcing him into the 2c role. 

We have seen to many talented guys forced into the lineup before they were ready during this rebuild.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd be wary of penciling Cozens in as the 2c. Now if you want him to start as the 3c or the 2rw then maybe. His north south attacking style should translate well to the NHL. 

He absolutely should not be pencilled in at 2C for next season.  Bring in another outsider to fill that role.  And then if Cozens or Mittelstadt surprise and do somehow fit that role, Botterill then has found money and Krueger has flexibility.

If Botterill is pencilling in a 3rd scoring line next year of Cozens-Mittelstadt-Thompson, that's not ideal, but not necessarily crippling either and it MIGHT work.   If he's pencilling in 2 of those into the 2nd line so Johansson can slide to 3C; well, we have issues and might just need J-Botts to go bye-bye.

Botterill on the instigators this morning:

Botterill on Sam Reinhart - He’s represented by Newport Sports, we have a few clients of players who are represented by Newport. The dialogue with Newport will always continue, but we believe that we want him to continue to have a strong year and focus on his play. #Sabres

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

We have this disagreement over "good in front of the net."  Got the perfect example tonight to clarify my view. Ottawa's 3rd goal. Thachuk in front, perfectly played, that was good in front of  the net. That is not Sam.  Hopefully that illustrates my point better. 

Nice goal by Reinhart last night, eh? Where was he on the ice for that goal?

At this point I don’t know who on this board takes your analysis of Sam Reinhart seriously. Other topics, sure, ok.
I think at this point we all go ...

giphy.gif

On 1/28/2020 at 10:03 AM, LGR4GM said:

Botterill on the instigators this morning:

Botterill on Sam Reinhart - He’s represented by Newport Sports, we have a few clients of players who are represented by Newport. The dialogue with Newport will always continue, but we believe that we want him to continue to have a strong year and focus on his play. #Sabres

Most of us fans have been talking about Sam Reinhart and his future contract with the Buffalo Sabres from the point of view that he wants to

stay in Buffalo for the coming 7-8 years.  Are we sure that is what Sam wants?  400+ regulation games with 0 playoff games?

If I was him I'd hedge my bets and sign a 1-2 year contract to see what happens in Buffalo and get ready to be a UFA.

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Nice goal by Reinhart last night, eh? Where was he on the ice for that goal?

At this point I don’t know who on this board takes your analysis of Sam Reinhart seriously. Other topics, sure, ok.
I think at this point we all go ...

giphy.gif

Jesus, you're praising a goal where their defenseman throws it right onto his stick? My grandma could have scored that goal. If you're going to give me a counter to that 3rd Ottawa goal, and the illustration of a perfect screen, at least do it with something similar.

If you don't see the difference between what Brady Thachuk did on that play and what Sam does when he's in front, there is absolutely no way we can ever agree.

I'll say it again, if he was so good in front, why'd Krueger try to fix the PP by putting Risto there? Think man, think. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Jesus, you're praising a goal where their defenseman throws it right onto his stick? My grandma could have scored that goal. If you're going to give me a counter to that 3rd Ottawa goal, and the illustration of a perfect screen, at least do it with something similar.

If you don't see the difference between what Brady Thachuk did on that play and what Sam does when he's in front, there is absolutely no way we can ever agree.

I'll say it again, if he was so good in front, why'd Krueger try to fix the PP by putting Risto there? Think man, think. 

So your definition of “good in front of the net” is what Thachuk did. And the fact that Reinhart gets 85% of his goals within 6 ft. of the net means he’s not “good in front of the net”.

ok got it ... good one.

giphy.gif

Bloody hell. One things for sure, as you said, we’ll never agree on the talent and ability of Reinhart. Your takes and analysis of Reinhart are sooo bad. Keep enjoying that island you built for yourself.

RK although you would LOVE for it to be false, put Risto in front at times on the PP to get a different look. Not because Reinhart was bad at it. Did you miss how the PP has looked different besides the Risto and Reinhart moves. I’m sure most here have.  This forced obtuse behavior from you is tired. Maybe you should just stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by force feeding everyone in this thread your distain for all things Reinhart. Good grief man...  

He’s living rent free in your head. He has for years. 

18 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So your definition of “good in front of the net” is what Thachuk did. And the fact that Reinhart gets 85% of his goals within 6 ft. of the net means he’s not “good in front of the net”.

ok got it ... good one.

giphy.gif

Bloody hell. One things for sure, as you said, we’ll never agree on the talent and ability of Reinhart. Your takes and analysis of Reinhart are sooo bad. Keep enjoying that island you built for yourself.

RK although you would LOVE for it to be false, put Risto in front at times on the PP to get a different look. Not because Reinhart was bad at it. Did you miss how the PP has looked different besides the Risto and Reinhart moves. I’m sure most here have.  This forced obtuse behavior from you is tired. Maybe you should just stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by force feeding everyone in this thread your distain for all things Reinhart. Good grief man...  

He’s living rent free in your head. He has for years. 

Yup, Reinhart is shite and I predict this team will never be good as long as he is on the roster. 

giphy.gif

Yet another example of why he's useless as a top player. 

Risto getting roughed up by 2 Habs, he's standing right there and what does he do? Grab a guy, shove someone off, take a shot at them? Nope, nothing. Backs away slowly and lets them have their way on Risto. Maybe he asked them pretty please. "Hey guys, don't be so mean." Useless. 

Now before you start, I'm not saying he has to drop the gloves or be an enforcer but no way does an Ovechkin, a ROR, a Crosby, a Pasternak, (a Konecny) or any other top line forward aside from maybe the leafs (and I'm not even sure about that) but none of them back away like Sam did and let that go unchecked. In the l;east they get in there and shove guys off or try to help. 

Not Sam, not our guys. Useless bunch of soft pieces of s*** and that is not core leadership to build on.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.