GDT: 11/17/19 Buffalo @ Chicago, 7 p.m. EST, MSG, WGR550

Claude Balls

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Crawford looked like a Vezina Trophy Candidate.  Lehner got to rest.

Tage hurt, he looked lost anyway   

Thats 5 forwards down.  Pretty bad for a team that has maybe 6 decent forwards on the roster to begin with. 

Crawford's career stats against us are incredible.  Won every game with a great save % and GAA.

I think he's now 11-0 against Buffalo!

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I know there is a thread about ERod, but I find Eichel to be WAY more frustrating to watch.

Yep.

Especially frustrating that he cannot have an off game because he's one of only 3 impact forwards on the team. I'd imagine that's frustrating for him, too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Especially frustrating that he cannot have an off game because he's one of only 3 impact forwards on the team. I'd imagine that's frustrating for him, too. 

Good point. I didn’t think of it that way, but I’m sure that’s why it’s even more aggravating when he’s off. Cuz then we have absolutely nothing to cheer for.

It’s mostly of his making, but I don’t envy the task at hand for JBott right now.

Wow! What amazing push back after their youngster leveled Sam. We really showed them. Nobody's going to take liberties with us now that's for sure.

I knew Dach was going to be a good one. Exactly what we need. Pity he was gone by the time we drafted (not that JBot would have taken him but he was the guy I wanted last year's draft). Seeing him on their 4th line makes me wonder if we wouldn't be better with Cozens on our 4th line but what do I know. I'm sure there's a plan ☹️

We were talking last year about how Tage needed to bulk up and be a power forward. lol. Well that clearly isn't going to happen.

Did Skinner miss the flight? Didn't notice him on the ice tonight.

Man we suck. The Krueger house of cards has collapsed with the first breeze. We have 1 talented player (without the personality to be a captain) and 1 promising rookie D man who has lost his confidence but might still be something one day. I suppose Skinner MIGHT show up again if we were better, but the rest of this roster should be thrown in the dumpster and set fire too.

So I guess it's time for a lottery draft thread......................

When BOGO comes back, I say put him, Risto, and Lazar on a line and let them run people.  Takes care of having too many defencemen.  Dress 8.  Not like the forwards that are playing now are scoring.  At least entertain us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Good point. I didn’t think of it that way, but I’m sure that’s why it’s even more aggravating when he’s off. Cuz then we have absolutely nothing to cheer for.

It’s mostly of his making, but I don’t envy the task at hand for JBott right now.

He's going to have to take some chances, if he's on the timeline he should reasonably be on. Paradoxically, do we want someone with that kind of heat making those types of moves? If he stands pat I think it's pretty clear he's got a ton of leeway from ownership. 

Going to restate this since it's been confirmed with the conclusion of the game - Outside of Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, and Olofsson, none of our other 8 forwards have contributed a goal in 8 of the last 9 games. And Victor only has one in that span. 

We're piling up ominous depth scoring stats the way we did as we free fell last season. 

I don't care much at all about the result tonight. It's one game in 82. We never win in Chicago. I do care that we faced a team that is more than happy to give others free rein over their slot, and typically appears shorthanded in their own zone regardless of the mediocrity of their opponent,  and we instead made them look like peak St. Louis Blues. This goes hand in hand with the stats mentioned above. It has been a massive issue since Jason's first July here. There isn't an end in sight. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

When BOGO comes back, I say put him, Risto, and Lazar on a line and let them run people.  Takes care of having too many defencemen.  Dress 8.  Not like the forwards that are playing now are scoring.  At least entertain us.

Honestly, they couldn’t be any more useless than some of our forwards now.

10 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Crawford's career stats against us are incredible.  Won every game with a great save % and GAA.

I think he's now 11-0 against Buffalo!

Painful that we are so bad for so long.  Approaching Legendary incompetence from a once proud franchise. Seymour and Norty must be turning ... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lol the stat guys on twitter still beg for Pominville 

The fact that an argument can, (and it can) be at least reasonably made that he'd be a good addition is, in fact, an issue. 

Edited by Thorny

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Going to restate this since it's been confirmed with the conclusion of the game - Outside of Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, and Olofsson, none of our other 8 forwards have contributed a goal in 8 of the last 9 games. And Victor only has one in that span. 

We're piling up ominous depth scoring stats the way we did as we free fell last season. 

I don't care much at all about the result tonight. It's one game in 82. We never win in Chicago. I do care that we faced a team that is more than happy to give others free rein over their slot, and typically appears shorthanded in their own zone regardless of the mediocrity of their opponent,  and we instead made them look like peak St. Louis Blues. This goes hand in hand with the stats mentioned above. It has been a massive issue since Jason's first July here. There isn't an end in sight. 

Oh there's an end in sight!  Botterill's end, that is.

He'll be gone end of this season, if not before.

10 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

RK is in over his head.  JBot might have yet another team not break 80 points.  This situation is as hopeless as it gets.  I don’t even know where they can go from here.  

They can go from the frying pan into the fire.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The fact that an argument can, (and it can) be at least reasonably made that he'd be a good addition is, in fact, an issue. 

This made me laugh. 

Ya know, in an “I now want to drink until my heart stops” kinda way.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.