GDT: 11/16/19 Ottawa vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m., MSG, WGR550.

Claude Balls

8 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

His first 4 goal game since...…??

Never. In fact he became only the eighth Sabre to ever do it (Martin, Ruff, Andreychuk, Tucker, Mogilny, Satan, Vanek). Andreychuk did it and scored one more to boot. Tucker did it in the playoffs against the Dastardlies. The last Sabre to do it before last night was Vanek in 2010 against... Ottawa.

Jack becomes the first Sabre center to score four goals in a game and the first Sabre to score all four of the goals the team scored in a game. And Jack's natural hat trick was the first for a Sabre in 10 years (also Vanek).

An amazing factoid I saw while looking all that up: when the Sabres lost infamously to the Senators, 10-4, early in the 05-06 season, two Senators scored four goals, Havlat and Alfredsson.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Never. In fact he became only the eighth Sabre to ever do it (Martin, Ruff, Andreychuk, Tucker, Mogilny, Satan, Vanek). Andreychuk did it and scored one more to boot. Tucker did it in the playoffs against the Dastardlies. The last Sabre to do it before last night was Vanek in 2010 against... Ottawa.

Jack becomes the first Sabre center to score four goals in a game and the first Sabre to score all four of the goals the team scored in a game. And Jack's natural hat trick was the first for a Sabre in 10 years (also Vanek).

An amazing factoid I saw while looking all that up: when the Sabres lost infamously to the Senators, 10-4, early in the 05-06 season, two Senators scored four goals, Havlat and Alfredsson.

Listen to a GR interview of him post game.

They asked him *when was the last time you scored four goals?*

He couldn't remember when, but he was a kid.

5 hours ago, billyudi said:

So the Athletic talks about why he was pulled. I remember the play and while not having the same reaction as Botterill, I did say WTF out loud.

“Also playing zero minutes in the third period was Sabres defenseman Rasmus Dahlin. The healthy 19-year-old was pinned to the bench. The No. 1 overall pick from 2018 took his last shift with 1:37 left in the second period.

The puck went into the corner in Buffalo’s zone and Dahlin had the edge in a race with an Ottawa forward. Inexplicably, Dahlin pulled up and slid back, allowing the Senators to gain control.

Botterill slammed the table in his press-box suite, stood up from his chair and walked away from the action. When he returned to watch, he stood with his arms crossed.”

https://theathletic.com/1384487/2019/11/17/thats-what-big-captains-do-inspired-jack-eichel-takes-matters-into-his-own-hands-with-four-goal-outburst/?source=shared-article

Coincidentally, that’s the same reaction I have every time I look at Jason’s ***** forward roster.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Curt said:

It was his 3rd 4 point game this season alone!

This is interesting. So over 50% of his points this season have come in 3 games. Probably just an early season anomaly. 

19 games played: 

10 games with 0 points 

2 games with 1 point

3 games with 2 points 

1 game with 3 points

3 games with 4 points

- - - 

So he’s been held off the scoresheet in over half the games, and has more multi point games than games with 1 point. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Maybe Tyler can show Rasmus his Calder Trophy sometime. (Yeah, I really don't care if you get a trophy to keep.)

Myers had an impressive rookie year no doubt. But he was a full year and two months older than Dahlin at the time, hugely significant at that age, and playing on a considerably better team probably helped as well, division winners in 09-10. Dahlin was still the highest rated defence man of the year in terms of Calder voting. 

Myers also came back the next season and put up 11 points less than he did the season before, whereas this season Dahlin is pacing for 12 more than his rookie year. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.