GDT: 11/16/19 Ottawa vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m., MSG, WGR550.

Claude Balls

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Eichel has flaws, and they're worth talking about and debating on message boards.

But nights like tonight are why we spent a decade dreaming about having a forward like Eichel. It feels good

Well he certainly gives us hope for better days... 

And right now I'm enjoying that game and drinking to that.

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, ... said:

Asplund and Lazar.  I like both of these guys.  They seem to have grit and some skill.  Amazing you can get both in one player!  Someone tell Botterill!

Plus One on this sentiment.   I know KO is injured but if either of these two continue to play like that, does he deserve his roster spot back?  

@inkman you have watched Asplund in Roch this year, what are your thoughts about his game tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Plus One on this sentiment.   I know KO is injured but if either of these two continue to play like that, does he deserve his roster spot back?  

@inkman you have watched Asplund in Roch this year, what are your thoughts about his game tonight. 

Unfortunately I didn't watch him tonight. I was listening whilst driving. I can offer up that I can count on one hand how many hits I've seen him dish out. Not sure what got into him tonight.  

Edited by inkman

Well, glad they won.

what Eichel did tonight (4 goals), will most likely happen 3-4 times in his career. It would be nice if it was more, but it probably won’t.

And if history is any indicator, Eichel will “take games over” about 3 - 5 times a season. I wish it was most games,  but that’s practically impossible to do that. He’s just not that kind of player to do that very often. Reality vs. wishful thinking. We need another top 6 forward as another significant threat in this team. More than Skinner and Reinhart.

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Are we still trading Eichel ?

We?

Are you referring to a discussion Some posters were having about IF Eichel was traded what would the Sabres get in return? Like posters do with almost every player on the roster?

Ullmark had a nice game. Asplund was noticeable. Reinhart was Reinhart. Montour was galloping most of the night. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

We?

Are you referring to a discussion Some posters were having about IF Eichel was traded what would the Sabres get in return? Like posters do with almost every player on the roster?

Ullmark had a nice game. Asplund was noticeable. Reinhart was Reinhart. Montour was galloping most of the night. 

It was more than just a "discussion".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.