GDT: 11/16/19 Ottawa vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m., MSG, WGR550.

Claude Balls

Not to rehash and derail another GDT, but just for my own sanity I will assume that the game is in Buffalo.

Let's hope that the Sabres play more than half this game.  I'm hoping for 3/4 and that will be enough to take out the recently playing well Senators.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not to rehash and derail another GDT, but just for my own sanity I will assume that the game is in Buffalo.

Let's hope that the Sabres play more than half this game.  I'm hoping for 3/4 and that will be enough to take out the recently playing well Senators.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

This is just for you because right now we are drafting in his range......I've seen him as high as #6 and mostly in the 10-15 range. Problem is that we don't likely draft a Dman.

image: https://www.draftutopia.com/vancouvercanucks.gif

vancouvercanucks.gif Vancouver Canucks: Justin Barron, D, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)

image: https://www.draftutopia.com/halifaxmooseheads.gif

halifaxmooseheads.gif

The Vancouver Canucks get a defender that can push for a third line spot. Olli Juolevi is in the AHL and Jett Woo got traded to a WHL team meaning he probably needs time with the Utica Comets in the AHL where Juolevi is playing.
The 6-2 187 lb Halifax Mooseheads defenseman had 2 goals, 19 assists, 21 points, and a +18 +/- in 51 games in 2017-2018. Barron had 9 goals, 32 assists, 41 points, and a +42 +/- in 68 games in 2018-2019 when he was on the top line with Jared McIsaac. Barron had 2 goals, 11 assists, and 13 points during the 2019 QMJHL Playoffs.
Justin Barron has the has the playmaking, passing, wrist shot power, wrist shot accuracy, offensive awareness, defensive awareness, hockey IQ, speed, skating, agility, and stick handling. He's a playmaker that can do everything you want a line 1 game changer to do on tape. He can do well on the power play or dominate as a penalty killer. He's a line 1 defender in this draft class and someone who could push for a line 3 spot on Vancouver's blue line right away.
Read more at https://www.draftutopia.com/2020nhlmockdraft.html#jWtzvfxBeRW61XQx.99

This is a must win because:

1.  The losing streak just absolutely has to end right now , and 

2. We have the better team, and 

3. We are home , and 

4. It’s “hockey fights cancer night” so this team better come out and play their best game for the kids. 

Winning tonight will not change the problems we have, and winning tonight will not make us into a legit playoff contender, but it is a start. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Asplund will make his NHL Debut Tonight 

The Sabres now are icing a full complement of Rasmi.

Play every shift of every game like you are never going back to Rochester young man. Demonstrate to your teammates that you are providing 100% effort every second and are here to make a difference. Best of luck on your first game in a hall of fame career.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think this is a winnable game and we all need it, to temporarily put down the pitchforks.

I hope Asplund makes an impact, I’ve liked him since his first WJHC. 

I am able to watch them play for the first time in four games, so I want to see effort.

I will be watching two games at once, catching my son’s tournament game on another device.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.