GDT: 11/14/19 Carolina vs Buffalo at 7pm ET, MSG &WGR550

jsb

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

FWIW, Rodrigues recovered, and his guy both lost the puck due to Evan's stick and didn't register a shot on goal.

Someone else's man scored the goal

And Ralph put him out there because he was one of the better Sabres tonight, and the only Sabre to win a faceoff in overtime it looked like

Dahlin. He cut across the ice. Watch the replay.

Even Ray saw it.

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Erod's man. He can't just assume Dahlin will see his glove waive

How was it Erods man?  Erod was with the man who had the puck entering the zone.  Dahlin and Mitts were on the other side of the ice.  Yes, the player with the puck burned Erod but neither Dahlin or Mitts covered the lone guy coming in towards the faceoff dot.  They both went towards the puck.  If one of them covered that player they would have intercepted that pass and had a clean breakaway

Edited by Sidc3000

Canes dominated the OT.  

We won only one face off and still blew any chance we had to posses the puck when we did.  

Mitts had had one good chance, that was all we had   

One point is not good enough.  Ten straight losses to this team is ridiculous.  The Canes have not been a good team over that span. This team is seriously weak and I mean Mentally weak.   They don’t score because they are physically weak.  

I am sick of stupid play and lifeless hockey.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Sidc3000 said:

How was it Erods man?  Erod was with the man who had the puck entering the zone.  Dahlin and Mitts were on the other side of the ice.  Yes, the player with the puck burned Erod but neither Dahlin or Mitts covered the lone guy coming in towards the faceoff dot.  They both went towards the puck

Erod was the only one who had his man on that play.  Dahlin was floating to the wrong side of the ice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I wasn't happy with the missed interference on the last PP goal, but Meh, the stripes didn't cause the loss. Our lack of being good caused it. 

We won't make the playoffs 

No chance for the playoffs.  A ten year absence is starting to be a real possibility.  How is that possible? 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I didn't think the refs were as bad as everyone else did tonight, though I do wonder exactly what Risto did to go to the box. Svechnikov seemed to do two illegal things and I didn't see any from Rasmus 

They missed a lot.  Larsson was abused and no call.  

Just now, jad1 said:

Erod was the only one who had his man on that play.  Dahlin was floating to the wrong side of the ice.

Yeah I'm not sure what people are complaining about there. He got beat by his guy, then forced him to lose the puck before he could take a shot on goal, and stayed glued to him. Someone else got to tee up a one timer from pretty far out, and it went in

NHL OT is usually far uglier than that to be honest

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

No chance for the playoffs.  A ten year absence is starting to be a real possibility.  How is that possible? 

Look at the drafts and the trades. 

Look at the money wasted on free agents. 

Edited by Pimlach

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Not blaming Hutton for this loss at all.

But games like this are what I was talking about in August when I was wondering about our goaltending.

Bubble teams need wins in games like this and one more save might have meant a win.

Hutton is a career back up.  We need a true #1.  

We need a lot. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.