GDT: 11/14/19 Carolina vs Buffalo at 7pm ET, MSG &WGR550

jsb

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

He's gotta lead this team, and he ain't.

I'm picking on him in this thread, but Flagg is right that he's really one of the last of our concerns, if we are ranking them.

His flaws just become easier to point out when the rest of the team is sucking, too. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

It’s early and chemistry is always something teams are chasing ... but what’s just beginning to creep into my mind as I focus in on Hutton and Ullmark ... is goaltending. Either a better goaltending coach, better goaltending or a dash or two of better defensive systems. I think the overall talent is there as a team. Although JB should always be looking to upgrade when he can. Our current Goaltenders will rarely If ever “steal” a game. This team as currently constructed ... need that more often.

Good goal Lazar!

I'm having a difficult time blaming our goal-tending. When the team supports the goal-tenders properly, the goal-tenders look near genius.  Our guys are getting left out to dry or are beat by deflections off our dudes more than they're reasons for the losses.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

It’s early and chemistry is always something teams are chasing ... but what’s just beginning to creep into my mind as I focus in on Hutton and Ullmark ... is goaltending. Either a better goaltending coach, better goaltending or a dash or two of better defensive systems. I think the overall talent is there as a team. Although JB should always be looking to upgrade when he can. Our current Goaltenders will rarely If ever “steal” a game. This team as currently constructed ... need that more often.

Good goal Lazar!

Sure, the goalies are middling. But the forwards are a big problem.  Not enough scorers, not enough toughness, not enough energy, and they look bad in the defensive zone zoo.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ... said:

I'm having a difficult time blaming our goal-tending. When the team supports the goal-tenders properly, the goal-tenders look near genius.  Our guys are getting left out to dry or are beat by deflections off our dudes more than they're reasons for the losses.

I understand. And as you read, I’m not blaming goaltending and THE reason. It’s low hanging fruit to blame one position for all the teams issues.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

I still like Risto to much to trade him lol

To me, considering this is at the end of the day, an entertainment product, I'm just so darn tired of seeing 55 in blue on my screen for 30 mins of real time every night that I just want him GONE BABY GONE

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.