GDT: 11/14/19 Carolina vs Buffalo at 7pm ET, MSG &WGR550

jsb

3 hours ago, shrader said:

We'll see how long it takes for ownership cheapness to dry that out though.  It's not a short-term process, but we'll see it over time.

True, but the Canes have been playing MoneyPuck for awhile with a reduced budget since before Dundon came in. Sure they will be priced out of Hamilton and Aho when their respective deals are up, but Tulsky should be able to continue to find good talent through the draft, low cost trades and value UFA acquisitions. 

In the Sabres Case having a deep pocketed owner has been a double edge sword. The owner is willing to spend to keep talent on the flip side Vic Carrucci had an article in the Sunday Buffalo News about how Pegula fancies himself as a Football Guy and that he hates the owners box preferring to sit with Beane, Schoein and Morgan during games. One day before this there is a picture of him In Sweden sitting with Botterill, Greeley and Sexton watching Saturday’s Game, does he think he is a hockey guy as well? 

The Canes were interested in acquiring ROR on July 2nd after the bonus was paid,  Lindholm and Skinner were amongst the names talked about in return. The Sabres having paying the bonus killed any further discussions with the Canes. Lou Kovacs, who covers the Blues tweeted shortly after the deal was completed that he spoke with Doug Armstrong, who was quite surprised based on conversations he had with Botterill during the day that he was able to acquire ROR for the price he did. Given the other deals that Botterill was able to complete, this one appears someone else was made the final decision. 

Pegula asked Scotty Bowman what made Mike Ilitch such a great owner, his response was that he said when he was hired, Mr I told him my job is to write the checks and keep out of the way.

Did Pegula listen to this advice?  I have my doubts. 

That being said I do not have 189 Million to purchase a NHL Franchise or 1.4 Billion to buy a NFL Team, so it’s his prerogative how to run his franchises the way he sees fit.

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing to see here...

It's amazing how cruddy the nets looked back in the day (for those who weren't watching, they showed a clip of Pierre Turgeon scoring a shorthanded goal and the net looked like a practice net that had been through both World Wars). Today the game nets are a gorgeous white.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Nothing to see here...

It's amazing how cruddy the nets looked back in the day (for those who weren't watching, they showed a clip of Pierre Turgeon scoring a shorthanded goal and the net looked like a practice net that had been through both World Wars). Today the game nets are a gorgeous white.

I remember when the nets had a "blade" in the center of the net.  I think that's the blade that severely injured Mark Howe when he slid into it with the "blade" being slightly elevated.  I think they got rid of that net design the next year.  I also remember the steel post moorings that had no give to the net.  I remember Gil Perreault sliding into the net and cracking a few ribs during a Washington Capitals game when Mike Palmateer gave little help to Gil as he was careening toward the net.

6 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I remember when the nets had a "blade" in the center of the net.  I think that's the blade that severely injured Mark Howe when he slid into it with the "blade" being slightly elevated.  I think they got rid of that net design the next year.  I also remember the steel post moorings that had no give to the net.  I remember Gil Perreault sliding into the net and cracking a few ribs during a Washington Capitals game when Mike Palmateer gave little help to Gil as he was careening toward the net.

Yes, I remember the Perreault injury

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.