GDT: 11/14/19 Carolina vs Buffalo at 7pm ET, MSG &WGR550

jsb

13 minutes ago, jsb said:

image.thumb.png.3b935cc0bd8212ae2e1deb4fde6f5c95.png   VS.   image.thumb.png.48d5fc6460a80201751064541f649b27.png

Your Buffalo Sabres coming back from a disappointing trip through the land of the meatball, play the Carolina Hurricanes in what is turning out to be a big game to get both teams back into the playoff picture. The teams presently rank 9th and 10th in the Eastern Conference but a win puts the victor back into the top 8. Carolina has also struggled lately losing 4 of their last 5 games but did crush Ottawa 8-2 in the other day. With their recent play the Sabres bandwagon is emptying out quickly and I may need to pass out my cell phone number to get members back on when this downturn ends and everyone wants to know where it's at. When will this heartache end you heartbreaker*

Courtesy of: https://sabresdigitalpressbox.com

TONIGHT’S GAME
HURRICANES at SABRES

This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season.

Last meeting: Carolina defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Raleigh on March 16

Next meeting: Sunday, March 15 in Buffalo

The Sabres are 1-6-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes; 4-4-2 at home.

This is the 205th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina; Buffalo has a 102-75-27 series record.

The Sabres are 58-33-10 at home against the Hurricanes all-time.

THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY

The Sabres are 7-3-7 all-time on November 14.

November 14, 2009: Tyler Ennis scores in his NHL debut and the Sabres top the Flyers 3-2 in Philadelphia.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

Sam Reinhart has eight points (5+3) in his last eight games and enters tonight with multi-point efforts in each of his last two outings (3+1). He has recorded three straight multi-point games just once in his career: Dec. 15 to 18, 2018 (0+7).

Reinhart recorded at least a point in all three meetings with Carolina last season (0+4).

CENTURY MARK

Rasmus Dahlin is expected to appear in his 100th NHL game tonight.

Dahlin, who leads all Sabres defensemen with 12 points and is tied for the team lead with 11 assists this season, enters the game with 56 career points (10+46) through his first 99 NHL games.

Among defensemen throughout franchise history to debut with the Sabres, only Phil Housley (30+64) matched or surpassed Dahlin’s minimum of 56 points through the first 100 regular-season games of his career.

With many SabreSpacers viewing the team's recent play as a catastrophe, we give you

The 50th Anniversary of the IMO the Worst things to happen in Sabreland

image.png.3ddc1879d0686dfbc53a395fec96c7b7.png   

The storm of 77'.  Storm hit morning of January 29th. Travel restrictions enforced, Sabres played next 5 games on the road. Ted Darling broadcast the game from his home with his son assisting him and Ricky J. was stuck in a bar somewhere in St. Catherines and was unable to do the games. The Sabres returned home to face the Boston Bruins on Feb. 10th, Jerry Korab with 2 goals and Gil P. With 3 assists helped lead the team to a 4-3 victory.

The now famous video of the 1975 playoff game where Jim Lorentz kills a bat 

image.thumb.png.0890f1e2230d0d4e310853abffcd5a56.png

BUFFALO, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — The NHL has postponed the Sabres’ home game against the New York Rangers on Friday night due to a severe lake-effect storm hitting the Buffalo region. The league made the announcement Thursday and said a makeup date has not yet been determined.

image.thumb.png.78bec24090bf7f31657d67ae558b8e77.png

The Aud was part of history when Wayne Gretzky broke Phil Esposito's record scoring a natural hat trick against the Sabres on February 24, 1982. Gretzky’s first goal was number 77, quickly followed by numbers 78 and 79. The Edmonton Oilers won the game, 6-3. Perreault, the Sabres’ captain, scored a hat trick himself that night.

image.png.315be3a482439591d7681df5dbf11910.png

The final game at the Aud was April 14, 1996 against the Hartford Whalers, a game in which the Sabres won, 4-1. Everyone in attendance or even watching on television felt goosebumps as Pat LaFontaine put the ceremonial final puck in the net and the lights going out to close the Aud.

image.thumb.png.64957a72f6b94e7e84502dd4e3f93056.png

The old Aud then still annoyed at being replaced, jinxed the new arena and caused the scoreboard to fall in November 1996 and had the game against the Boston Bruins postponed that day.

image.png.3e650395f3e0bc0d57cbdc32f4442e9d.png    LETS GO BUFFALO

Courtesy of Alabama Shakes:

Love me some Alabama shakes... good omen!

• Like (+1) 1

I really hope we bounce back tonight. I'm starting to worry it's going to be a repeat of last year.

It's been strange with so little hockey the last two weeks. Right after this game ends I'll be going to bed to wake up early tomorrow and drive up to Buffalo for Saturday's game against the Sens.

Hopefully that game will be the second win in a row as we right the ship tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

I expect a loss. The Canes play a very solid possession style of hockey that Buffalo only wishes they could emulate. I think Paul Hamilton said it right this morning when he talked about how Buffalo is not going to the net, they aren't breaking out as a group, and they aren't moving their feet. 

I have little to no optimism regarding this team right now. Hope for the best.

Probably more than any team in the league, the Canes frustrate me relative to the Sabres' fortunes. Both clubs had been non-playoff teams since the Sabres last made the post-season. And yet here we are, with the Canes being the picture of a good, modern team on the rise, and the Sabres being ... well, I'm not sure what they are.

Also: Great job, @jsb.

Yet another fantastic OP @jsb.

Love the Whale Tale in the eye of the hurricane.  I still lament the day we lost The Whale.

I am this close (as in very) to branding the Canes as dastardly.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

JUST WIN, NO MATTER HOW!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
clarification ...

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Love me some Alabama shakes... good omen!

Quoting that whole thing, you monster

Let's get a ***** win tonight. The Hurricanes are a better team, but we're due. Put a 3-2 win on there wiht goals from Eichel, Skinner, and Montour. Hutton with a 37 save performance

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Carolina has Eric Tulsky, one of the best analytics minds in the NHL, the Front Office listens to him on personnel decisions from trades to drafting, this is a reason they are ahead of the Sabres 

I'm not doubting how good he is, but I'm not going to say Botterill turns a deaf ear to that kind of stuff. The players he's acquired, as a whole, lean towards being good analytically.

Tulsky also traded Skinner to us for Pu, so there's that

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Quoting that whole thing, you monster

Let's get a ***** win tonight. The Hurricanes are a better team, but we're due. Put a 3-2 win on there wiht goals from Eichel, Skinner, and Montour. Hutton with a 37 save performance

Sorry was getting kids out the door for school... too much to do so I made you guys suffer!

I have an incredible feeling about this game..............

Sabres are going to come out swinging and be up by no less than 2 goals by the end of the first

Carolina pulls their goalie half-way through the 2nd as the we pile on 2 more goals by that point. 

The crowd is loving this going into the 3rd period as oooh ah, Sabres on the Warpath is heard throughout

Risto delivers a crushing blow to Aho and the roof comes off the building

6-2 final for the good guys as Carolina spoils the shutout

Bring on Ottawa as Buffalo jumps into the 4 spot by end of Saturday night

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

I have an incredible feeling about this game..............

Sabres are going to come out swinging and be up by no less than 2 goals by the end of the first

Carolina pulls their goalie half-way through the 2nd as the we pile on 2 more goals by that point. 

The crowd is loving this going into the 3rd period as oooh ah, Sabres on the Warpath is heard throughout

Risto delivers a crushing blow to Aho and the roof comes off the building

6-2 final for the good guys as Carolina spoils the shutout

Bring on Ottawa as Buffalo jumps into the 4 spot by end of Saturday night

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all!

Somebody tell Callaway his kids have hijacked his account.

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.