Sabres Practice Notes 11/13

Brawndo

43 minutes ago, shrader said:

And they're 1-4-1 since he got hurt, and that doesn't include the time he missed in the ugly loss to the Rags.  Coincidence?  Probably, but I can't help but notice how quickly things have gone south without him.

Which is likely why he's penciled back into the lineup and Miller is penciled out.

1 hour ago, freester said:

They are getting traded at some point before the trade deadline.  They are both UFA and won't be resigned

The trade deadline is not "soon.".

And though I agree it is unlikely Scandella gets re-signed, could definitely see him on the roster through the end of the season if the team stops losing with him back in the lineup.

Wouldn’t rule out their stay beyond the deadline, or a return of either of them under the right circumstances (though not both.)

There is a lot of hockey to be played and at least one defenceman being dealt first.

Who gets moved, their desire to return and at what cost, who contributes most up here over the next four months, and how Borgen and Pilut develop are all factors.

Botterill will keep his options open.

3 hours ago, freester said:

Bogo and Scandella will be traded soon for draft picks.  Hopefully 2nd round pick for each.

If JBOT makes a trade and we only get draft picks in return I'm starting a JBOT bunker. We will worship a cannon as an idol and pray that JBOT is shot forth out of it into the sun

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not so sure Scandella gets traded.  When he went out the PK seemed to be giving up a lot of goals.

Interesting that it seems Scandella is back in with Miller the odd man out.

Well, someone is likely wanting to see Scandella and how he looks after returning from injury.

16 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

If JBOT makes a trade and we only get draft picks in return I'm starting a JBOT bunker. We will worship a cannon as an idol and pray that JBOT is shot forth out of it into the sun

What if draft picks are all that's being offered?  Should he not make the trade and keep the player?

What if those draft picks can be turned into a player at another point in time?

Who's he moving out that is going to bring back the player you think he should be getting?  

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Well, someone is likely wanting to see Scandella and how he looks after returning from injury.

What if draft picks are all that's being offered?  Should he not make the trade and keep the player?

What if those draft picks can be turned into a player at another point in time?

Who's he moving out that is going to bring back the player you think he should be getting?  

I have no answers, I just want to worship a cannon, bro.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/13/2019 at 11:20 AM, shrader said:

You'd have to imagine Bogosian eventually gets a rehab stint.  Short of a trade, Gilmour's a virtual guarantee to be waived shortly.  It doesn't sound like Johansson is an IR situation, so they don't have any roster spots for all of these bodies.  If Scandella is in fact active, they're maxed out with the 2 spare D and Johansson up front.  They needs as much time as they can from Bogosian to sort this out.

Then Winnipeg gets their D-man without giving up an asset.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, Randall Flagg said:

When I look at how ungodly terrible that forward group looks when it's missing just one player, a player that's probably only the 4th best forward, and the list of defensemen who have to SIT when we take only six of them...

What the actual ***** are you doing Jason make a trade for the love of god 

"Look, it's a situation where....we want to evaluate how these guys look under a new coach in a 10 deep unit before making any decisions. We like the flexibility we have for next season, and the competition all these bodies are creating."

On 11/13/2019 at 3:04 PM, dudacek said:

Wouldn’t rule out their stay beyond the deadline, or a return of either of them under the right circumstances (though not both.)

There is a lot of hockey to be played and at least one defenceman being dealt first.

Who gets moved, their desire to return and at what cost, who contributes most up here over the next four months, and how Borgen and Pilut develop are all factors.

Botterill will keep his options open.

I can't see why anyone should, when we saw Botterill retain literally everyone this past summer. Keeping the options open was definitely, and continues to be to this point, a higher priority than actually moving his chips in on an option. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.