Jbot Do Something Already Fall 2019

GASabresIUFAN

22 minutes ago, darksabre said:

But what does it mean???  

This link just describes the picture.  I know it’s two women yelling and a cat sitting behind a dinner plate.  It doesn’t help it make any sense whatsoever though.

PS:  If a meme needs an explanation, it serves no purpose.  A picture isn’t worth a thousand words if it needs a thousand words to explain what’s going on in the picture.

Edited by Curt
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Dahlin’s Defensive Metrics were actually  better last year, but replacing Housley was the correct decision.  I am wondering if Steve Smith might be part of the problem as he did fall out of favor in Carolina and is not missed by their D Corps down there. 

I wouldn’t be hesitant at all to trade Risto if for no other reason that it would prevent another coach from continuing to believe he is a Top Pairing Defenseman. (And the fact he should bring back a forward). For those worried about replacing his toughness, Borgen and  Bogo can fill that role until the latter breaks again. 

The Sabres play 21 games, a quarter of their schedule in the next forty days. A trade needs to happen ASAP. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Dahlin’s Defensive Metrics were actually  better last year, but replacing Housley was the correct decision.  I am wondering if Steve Smith might be part of the problem as he did fall out of favor in Carolina and is not missed by their D Corps down there. 

I wouldn’t be hesitant at all to trade Risto if for no other reason that it would prevent another coach from continuing to believe he is a Top Pairing Defenseman. (And the fact he should bring back a forward). For those worried about replacing his toughness, Borgen and  Bogo can fill that role until the latter breaks again. 

The Sabres play 21 games, a quarter of their schedule in the next forty days. A trade needs to happen ASAP. 

You know I’ve been wondering about Steve Smith myself and starting to have some doubts. 

Textbook use of an extremely mainstream meme. Its meaning has been molded by its use in the internet community as a whole and is well understood, even if you can't give it a nice definition that would fit into a dictionary and satisfy those represented by the "old man yells at cloud" Abe Simpson

It's pretty funny too. 

Often, the cat is used to represent behaviors/opinions that are uncouth and would be treated as such by all publicly, but by none privately. But not always, like in this case

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Textbook use of an extremely mainstream meme. Its meaning has been molded by its use in the internet community as a whole and is well understood, even if you can't give it a nice definition that would fit into a dictionary and satisfy those represented by the "old man yells at cloud" Abe Simpson

It's pretty funny too. 

Often, the cat is used to represent behaviors/opinions that are uncouth and would be treated as such by all publicly, but by none privately. But not always, like in this case.

It’s trash.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's pretty funny too. 

Often, the cat is used to represent behaviors/opinions that are uncouth and would be treated as such by all publicly, but by none privately. But not always, like in this case

FB_IMG_1573613912109.thumb.jpg.3a0651e91c3c147188a76da4741e13bd.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Curt said:

But what does it mean???  

This link just describes the picture.  I know it’s two women yelling and a cat sitting behind a dinner plate.  It doesn’t help it make any sense whatsoever though.

PS:  If a meme needs an explanation, it serves no purpose.  A picture isn’t worth a thousand words if it needs a thousand words to explain what’s going on in the picture.

It's true, the linked site doesn't actually explain it. I get the meme, but that's still a pet peeve. 

On 11/12/2019 at 12:04 AM, Zamboni said:

Yawn ...

A move will happen when JB can get fair/good value for the guys he wants to move. Scandella, and Risto.

Sounds like Darcy Regier.  This guy isn't the answer either.

I fear that after the ROR trade--possibly the worst in Sabres franchise history--Botterill is going to be gun-shy about entering into any trade again.   

Maybe he should be replaced for that reason alone, though I can think of plenty of other reasons too.

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Sounds like Darcy Regier.  This guy isn't the answer either.

I fear that after the ROR trade--possibly the worst in Sabres franchise history--Botterill is going to be gun-shy about entering into any trade again.   

Maybe he should be replaced for that reason alone, though I can think of plenty of other reasons too.

Skinner, montour, miller, vesey, Jokiharju. All trades after ROR.

• Thanks (+1) 1

The lack of skill and compete at the forward level and goaltending being meh, letting in too many questionable and weird goals is a problem.  It isn't like most of us didn't see the holes at the beginning of the season and suspect the first month was a mirage... but I think we were all hoping it wouldn't just come crashing down.  Not benching Sobotka and losing MoJo to injury hurts.  I still think the Sabres need to call up young guys and see what they can do.  The I90 shuffle needs to start now... heck can Cozens be called in for 10 games?  I am all for see what the potential is, because right now they are hot garbage.... bring in Uko Peka....  sadly disappointed in another wasted season...

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

The lack of skill and compete at the forward level and goaltending being meh, letting in too many questionable and weird goals is a problem.  It isn't like most of us didn't see the holes at the beginning of the season and suspect the first month was a mirage... but I think we were all hoping it wouldn't just come crashing down.  Not benching Sobotka and losing MoJo to injury hurts.  I still think the Sabres need to call up young guys and see what they can do.  The I90 shuffle needs to start now... heck can Cozens be called in for 10 games?  I am all for see what the potential is, because right now they are hot garbage.... bring in Uko Peka....  sadly disappointed in another wasted season...

The worst part is these problems we knew about and saw coming. 

What mojo goes down, no depth. 

Why is Sobotka here at all, and he is a massive drag on his line. 

Why are McCabe and Risto being fed a ton of 5v5 minutes? Risto sucks at possession hockey and Jake has always been a 4th or 5th defender. 

It's just blindingly stupid decisions like this that frustrate me. Why isn't Reinhart running a line with Casey and Skinner up with Eichel? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I think part of the answers to these questions is depth... there isn't any.. and Sam with Jack is a cave to the two of them... see tandem bike.  I would have rather had two working lines... say Mojo, Mitts and Skinner... and keep the third line as more a fourth line to bring up and experiment with Rochester callups and needed benching of guys like Erod and Sobotka.  Imo its time to see Asplund up... see if TT has taken the next step and see if Oloffson could use some time back down in the A... but at least experiment... coach you have nothing to lose.  

JBOT needs to trade D for forwards and or picks but either way get the ball rolling.  I am disappointed in another wasted season...

6 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I think part of the answers to these questions is depth... there isn't any.. and Sam with Jack is a cave to the two of them... see tandem bike.  I would have rather had two working lines... say Mojo, Mitts and Skinner... and keep the third line as more a fourth line to bring up and experiment with Rochester callups and needed benching of guys like Erod and Sobotka.  Imo its time to see Asplund up... see if TT has taken the next step and see if Oloffson could use some time back down in the A... but at least experiment... coach you have nothing to lose.  

JBOT needs to trade D for forwards and or picks but either way get the ball rolling.  I am disappointed in another wasted season...

Mittelstadt being with 2 top 6 guys does not a working line make.  (At least not when there are only 2 other top 6 guys on the roster.). He is where he should be.   (One of only 4-8 forwards that are at present.).

Eichel, Larsson, and Girgensons are where they should be.  Due to realities of only having 4 top 6 skaters and needing Johansson at 2C would argue that Skinner and Reinhart are at the right spots as well.  (Don't expect Reinhart would click any better with Marcus and Skinner has an ability to make stuff happen on his own.). And Okposo isn't getting benched, so on a certain level he's where he should be too.

But Olofsson needs to be moved to Mittelstadt's line about 2 weeks ago.  And probably try Sheary with Johansson.  Leave Vesey on Mitts line to have a defensively responsible guy there.

No forking clue who to put with Sam & Jack.  Botterill really needs to make a move.  Guess that Sheary could slide up and put Rodrigues on the 2nd line.  Sheary isn't ideal, (nor is E-Rod for that matter) but Conor at least can get to spots Jack & Sam can feed him.  (Olofsson seems to as well but hasn't finished and had hoped he'd get rolling now that he's broken the seal @ 5v5 but it didn't happen last night.  Maybe Ottawa will get him rolling.)

What a mess until Johansson is back. (Not that with him it isn't a mess.).

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The problem is 3 of those are defenders and only 1 is a real forward. Further they problem with botterill drafting heavily at defense in early rounds. 

I still think not drafting Kaliyev was a mistake although at least Johnson is a lefty. 

Drafting Johnson, made the Samuelsson Pick that much worse. 

The Sabres did not like Kaliyev at all, the only contact he had with them was after a game in January where the scout ripped him apart. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Drafting Johnson, made the Samuelsson Pick that much worse. 

The Sabres did not like Kaliyev at all, the only contact he had with them was after a game in January where the scout ripped him apart. 

Welp that does nothing to challenge my belief that we have one of the worst scouting departments (particularly in NA) in the entire league. And when I think of the quality of NHL scouting (or it's lack thereof) I am reminded of this anecdote: several years back several teams refused to pick a kid in the first because he suffered a non hockey injury that proved he wasn't taking the sport seriously. Furthermore he came off as someone with an attitude problem because when asked in an interview why a team should draft him he replied "Don't pick me and see how that works for you". That kid's name?

Mat Barzal.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.