Does Botterill make a trade this week?

darksabre

Does Botterill make a trade this week?   

62 members have voted

1. 1. Does Botterill make a trade this week?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I wonder if we can't get someone from Nashville? They have a ton of players in the AHL who might be ready to make the jump and they have a ton of forwards on decent contracts with a couple ready to expire. Maybe we can get a winger/center from them so they can bring a kid up?

50 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I wonder if we can't get someone from Nashville? They have a ton of players in the AHL who might be ready to make the jump and they have a ton of forwards on decent contracts with a couple ready to expire. Maybe we can get a winger/center from them so they can bring a kid up?

Craig Smith might be had relatively cheap. He's not a perfect fit, but not bad either.

Granlund also really intrigues me, even if he's more of a Johansson type than the sturdy guy we need. He'd immediately become our fourth most-talented player.

Both are pending UFAs

Preds have just four D under contract next year, so they're probably in the market for defencemen. Risto might be a good fit for them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I voted yes.

It's like we are all in this crazy contest and dating virgins.  Something HAS to give.

I voted yes too.  For same reasons.

Love the Seinfeld reference.   Both episodes (Contest and Virgin) are top notch.  oo many clips on YouTube between them, you really need to watch the entire episode.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted no.  

JBot strikes me as a bit conservative so I assume he waits until the trade deadline and hopes someone overpays for on3 of his RHD’s. 

I think we need a few trades involving a bunch of players.  Of course the players I want to go are overpaid so I don’t we can move them.  

On 11/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, Hank said:

42-40-0 = 82 points. 

40-26-16=92 points. 

This"deluca .500" narrative is retarded and needs to go away. 

42-40-0 is fantasy land, it'll never happen.

The playoff line almost always lines up with Deluca .500. Teams above it make it, those below it, don't. It's a great barometer of being a "good" team. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Winning the same amount of games as you’ve lost is exactly a Deluca .500

41-41 = DeLuca .500

40-40-2 =/= DeLuca .500 but does equal NHL .500

Oh, so it’s just a .500 winning percentage.  Wouldn’t that be a better name?  More intuitive at least.

As opposed to point percentage, which is what the NHL uses.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

Oh, so it’s just a .500 winning percentage.  Wouldn’t that be a better name?  More intuitive at least.

As opposed to point percentage, which is what the NHL uses.

And I find it to be a good measure for quality. 

As is usually the case, it matched up quite well with the playoff picture last year. Only 1 team below Deluca .500 made it, and only 1 team above it missed. 

Colorado made it with 90, which is unusual, and the Habs missed with 96, also unusual. 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

And I find it to be a good measure for quality. 

As is usually the case, it matched up quite well with the playoff picture last year. Only 1 team below Deluca .500 made it, and only 1 team above it missed. 

That makes sense, since it’s winning percentage.

I think the best would be Regulation Wins-Regulation Losses-OT Games.  OT games are a crap shoot.  Good teams win in regulation.

To me, regulation wins are the best gauge of how a team is performing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

That makes sense, since it’s winning percentage.

I think the best would be Regulation Wins-Regulation Losses-OT Games.  OT games are a crap shoot.  Good teams win in regulation.

To me, regulation wins are the best gauge of how a team is performing.

I'm glad the new tiebreaker this year is Regulation Wins instead of Regulation AND OT wins, for that exact reason. 

The Jets have 4 regulation wins this year, 6 wins in OT and shootout. They aren't good. (8 of 10 wins also come from behind). 

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Welp, if Bogo is truly week to week as reported by the Sabres this morning, then that really makes things interesting for Botterill. The LTIR relief for Bogo is now completely off the table.

Doesn't it accumulate for games missed? I swear I read somewhere we bank that savings. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.