Does Botterill make a trade this week?

darksabre

Does Botterill make a trade this week?   

62 members have voted

1. 1. Does Botterill make a trade this week?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I agree with Eleven. Any trade Bots makes will have to be a good trade for the Sabres. He is hardwired that way, otherwise there would have been 1-2 more trades before camp started.

If he has a good trade in front of him, I hope he flips the switch and makes it known that what is being seen on the ice is unacceptable. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Sabres are 9-6-2 and have lost 5 in a row. They're 1 game above Deluca 500. They've lost the first 4 games of November and they have 10 left.

They need to stay at or above Deluca 500 to have any chance at being relevant in December, which means they need to win 5 of the next 10.

They built a cushion in October but I'd rather not use it all up this month.

Edited by darksabre
  • Like (+1) 1

I selected other because why not?

Whatever he does, he needs to "win" this trade (and by win I don't mean fleece his partner, rather the assets coming in actually improve the team, both teams can win a trade imho). His biggest trade, ROR, was a massive loss for the team. Since then he's played it safe with his trades. Risto is a massive chip and he needs to get a return that has immediate impact on the team (in a positive way)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Whether you like JB's trades or not, he seems pretty good at keeping them under wraps....with maybe two exceptions with STL and SJ....where the whole free world knew he had to get whatever he could.

He did not have to make that O'Reilly deal, but I don't want to derail this. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The Sabres are 9-6-2 and have lost 5 in a row. They're 1 game above Deluca 500. They've lost the first 4 games of November and they have 10 left.

They need to stay at or above Deluca 500 to have any chance at being relevant in December, which means they need to win 5 of the next 10.

They built a cushion in October but I'd rather not use it all up this month.

I have a sinking feeling we will.

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Hmmmmm....a forward from a western team.

Gad zooks......it's Matt Tkachuk for Risto and Vlad.

We need aggressive guys, period.  We have been so passive the past few games, it is downright sickening.  Risto can throw the big hit, but he can be soft as cotton in a defensive board battle or in front of the net. 

• Like (+1) 1

Risto is the guy in a fight who throws a punch when his buddies have the other guy tied up. Seeing him live on Saturday was a game changer for me. Only seems to be "tough" after the whistle. Is be surprised in GM's didn't see this too. Not sure what his return would be in a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oregelbundet oregelbunden said:

I agree with Eleven. Any trade Bots makes will have to be a good trade for the Sabres. He is hardwired that way, otherwise there would have been 1-2 more trades before camp started.

If he has a good trade in front of him, I hope he flips the switch and makes it known that what is being seen on the ice is unacceptable. 

What happened to the hardwire when he traded O'Reilly?  That trade was great but for the wrong team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

One comment I want to make is that I no longer believe Anaheim makes sense for us as a trade partner. It looks like their season is kinda going the same as ours: lacking forward depth in a way that any problems with defense are moot. The best they could offer us is probably players like what we already have filling out the bottom of our roster: plugs or unseasoned kids. They can't afford to give us much more for any defense we send their way, so I think Botterill probably shouldn't be looking at them as a trade partner.

LA makes a lot more sense given their contracts/cap situation. They're the only team besides Minnesota that could be labeled as "obviously rebuilding", but Minnesota is in a less flexible space cap-wise.

I wish we could include San Jose given that Meier would make sense given the rise of Labanc, but they have too much money tied up on D anyway. We could offer them picks or prospects but we need to clear cap somehow.

I still don't think the Jets make any sense as trade partners. They're doing okay and would probably be happy to just sit tight.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.