GDT: 11/9/2019 1pm ET Buffalo Sabres at Tampa in ModoLand

Mustache of God

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I wasn't as high on Dahlin as some people but it's pretty damn surprising to me that he's our worst defenseman so far this season

I'm still high on 26, but I agree with your assessment.

Just now, bunomatic said:

Touchy feely trip for the Swedes among us but a trip largely of futility otherwise. We are what we are. Exposed as a soft team that can be pushed around and disrespected. No fear on the part of the bolts in pissing anyone off. Whats the worse that can happen ?its the Sabres. JBOT I don’t envy you your job. I hope the Pegulas have your feet to the fire.

(It's literally his fault)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Tondas said:

I'm still high on 26, but I agree with your assessment.

Likewise. But he's a baby defenseman in the NHL and he's not being protected. He's getting the full Ekblad treatment. Karlsson was also garbage in his own zone for awhile. But hopefully, (and there's always hope in sport), it'll click in a couple seasons and he'll fill out, and be Hedman or Karlsson... but slicker. And rasmussier.

Useless.

Out muscled by a team that was too soft to win in the first round of last year's playoffs. I guess they pay Ray a lot of money to pretend this is a hockey team with any kind of spine at all. Off camera he has to be disgusted with this sad sack bunch of losers.

What does it say when one of your stand out players (Johanson) was a 3rd line player last year on a good team. Here, he's better than most of the line up. When Reinhart is your toughest guy on the ice you are in deep deep trouble.

I think this trip will break this team and it's all over but we shall see I guess. It's now or never for Krueger to perform any magic he has (if he has any). There are too many things wrong with this team to bother mentioning anything or any one. It's a disaster AGAIN. I think this is my last year for subscribing to a hockey tv package. There are better ways to waste my money than this. 

Useless. 

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I think the NHL should extend the glass into a dome over the rink. The puck never goes out of play and think of the cool richochets and bank passes. I’m kidding by the way.

I think it's a great idea.

image.thumb.png.47d47077c435be5b1f20ad9902cc9b7b.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I think we are seeing the real Sabres.  I don’t need to wait until February.  We seriously need to ***** everything, even the core.  Sam and Mojo are about the only players with a decent hockey iq.  This ship is sinking fast.  Once again we Seem to have a coach who can’t seem to stop it.  

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I think we are seeing the real Sabres.  I don’t need to wait until February.  We seriously need to ***** everything, even the core.  Sam and Mojo are about the only players with a decent hockey iq.  This ship is sinking fast.  Once again we Seem to have a coach who can’t seem to stop it.  

It's been a little too real this decade.

Hey! I'm a second liner? When did this happen? Someone must've told them about my little maneuver on the ice back in Pierce in '85.

Edited by DarthEbriate

I'm being too doomsday-y here. The season isn't over or anything, it's two games against a ridiculous team. Nobody is seriously underperforming, though nobody is overperforming expectations either. Which is why we're enduring the struggle we are, given the limitations we entered the season with. There are plenty of good and fun moments left in this season

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Even though I net-liked the offseason, it's so alarming to hear a guy genuinely believe that Jimmy Vesey is the guy we need to give an asset for to try and help fix the offensive zone issues at even strength. I continue to believe he doesn't really understand what our problems are, or what makes an adequate, much less good, depth forward

The Vesey thing is mind-blowing.  Who watched the Sabres spiral last season and thought, 'what this team really needs is Jimmy Vesey.' 

And Johansson is a good player, but he's better on the 3rd line.  

The defenseman they signed looked like good moves, but by not moving guys on the roster, they now have a glut at the position.

Maybe as the injuries on D play out, Botterill will finally make a move, but having a deep bench at defense doesn't help when you have no 2C, and are starting Vesey, Sobotka, and ERod on scoring lines on a nightly basis.

The current set of forwards will not get this team to the playoffs.  Having Pilut, Scandella, Bogosian, and Gilmour in the pipe won't win games night after night.

Botterill needs to channel Muckler from the mid 90s or Regier from the early 2000's to make some deals to get this team more even with the best teams in the division.

I have no words..... We were/are all cautious after the steak from last year and rightfully so..... The fan base here is also becoming stretched paper thin, including myself lately. Idk what can possibly be done to make this team better and more entertaining; something needs to happen quickly. 

8 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I know that. He’s got a long ways to go to right this. If he lasts that long.

The problem is, there is very little in the pipeline that suggest this will all get better soon.  I like Cozens, TT - who knows?, but what other players have we drafted who show the potential to be both tough and top 6 forwards.  I don't want to settle for bottom 6 tough role players, but scorers who aren't afraid to mix it up vs. being pushovers.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I have no words..... We were/are all cautious after the steak from last year and rightfully so..... The fan base here is also becoming stretched paper thin, including myself lately. Idk what can possibly be done to make this team better and more entertaining; something needs to happen quickly. 

I guess what I was hoping to see (last year and this) was a young team that lost because they couldn't play defense, but they runned it and gunned it to no end. Entertainment and all. Dare I say it... like the Leafs of 3 years ago. Then, as those young guys grew up and learned how to defend at an NHL level, suddenly the team gets a significantly better.

Now... the beginning of this season our PP was killing it, and that's exciting, but it's also not something that you can rely on night-in and night-out all season (you may only get one power play, and the PP and PK go through spells here and there). Alas...

18 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Touchy feely trip for the Swedes among us but a trip largely of futility otherwise. We are what we are. Exposed as a soft team that can be pushed around and disrespected. No fear on the part of the bolts in pissing anyone off. Whats the worse that can happen ?its the Sabres. JBOT I don’t envy you your job. I hope the Pegulas have your feet to the fire.

Nothing had changed since Chara abused Miller.   We have had a few pugilistic types during the tank years  and a few tougher type players that can also play the game.  

Kane - gone.  ROR - gone.  Bogo - tough but made of glass.  

• Like (+1) 2

I think we need to at least show a deterrent to other teams that there are consequences to their taking liberties on us (whether a cheap Kutcherov shot) or a goal crease scrum.  Do we have a fighting major this year?  BOGO is out and that's all we got?  You can see the disregard that teams show us.  We're being bullied.  Risto is tough. Great.  But the most another player is going to get from Risto is a glove in the face and an "I must break you" look.  They know he's not going to drop the gloves.  

Granted, I'm old school.  But everyone should be able to defend themselves and at least get a reputation that you will fight.  Until you do, bullies will own you.  And we are being owned.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.