GDT: 11/9/2019 1pm ET Buffalo Sabres at Tampa in ModoLand

Mustache of God

Just now, Pimlach said:

How does one illustrate the other?   Add a better player, get worse results?  

Montour is very obviously competent, and often very good, and yet the Sabres record, if it's all you looked at, would tell you to never play him. Obviously so much more is in play, because that doesn't make any sense, and thus there must be a lot of things going on and the best thing to do would be to try and understand all of them as well as possible

Or look at McDavid's Oilers, or look at what we said about ROR versus what St. Louis says about the same man less than a calendar year later

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Imagine putting this group of forwards together and then telling them with a straight face to go compete with the teams in our division

People are so skeptical when you point out how critically flawed our roster is in the offseason, and then so furious when the inevitable winds up happening as soon as enough hockey gets played to establish what teams are

No doubt.  This roster was built to fail.

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Stamkos was skating by Ristolainen to try and get behind the net to play the puck, and Risto took him out.

So.   Ristolainen was clearing the net, so was Tampa ‘s player. Both guys knocked someone down at the whistle.  One got called , one did not.  I couldn’t care less what Stamkos was doing.  Mitts was also trying to play the puck looking for a rebound.  He was decked after the whistle.   

If if you think the officiating has been consistent today that is great. I don’t think so. I’ve seen replays enough to form my opinion.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

No doubt.  This roster was built to fail.

Even though I net-liked the offseason, it's so alarming to hear a guy genuinely believe that Jimmy Vesey is the guy we need to give an asset for to try and help fix the offensive zone issues at even strength. I continue to believe he doesn't really understand what our problems are, or what makes an adequate, much less good, depth forward

Is anyone concerned about Dahlin? The only thing I'm holding out hope about is he's so young but he looks totally lost at this level. He's not displaying what almost universally was said to be the most talented defenseman to be drafted in decades. I'm worried about him frankly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.