GDT: 11/9/2019 1pm ET Buffalo Sabres at Tampa in ModoLand

Mustache of God

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

I guess I don’t know the rule. I don’t understand the call.

Me neither. They were both watching the puck and ran into each other. How that qualifies as interference I have no idea. They could just as easily have tagged the Bolts player. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ah, I forgot section 3.1 - 07: Two face washes are acceptable, but three deemed an infraction.

He made contact with Johnson's face in the slot, then shoved him when Johnson was on the ice atop the crease, then swiped/punched and face washed him. The ref said enough.

Edited by PASabreFan

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

He made contact with Johnson's face in the slot, then shoved him when he was on the ice atop the crease, then swiped/punched and face washed him. The ref said enough.

And if the ref said that was enough every time that exact amount of post-whistle hubbub happened, the game would be dramatically different, and so they shouldn't arbitrarily decide things like that based on whatever they feel like.

Edited by Randall Flagg

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

It’s going to be tough to win when half the roster is not competent NHL players. 

We said that last year, the year before, the year before...

Vegas builds a team in one off season, how many years should a rebuild take? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And if the ref said that was enough every time that exact amount of post-whistle hubbub happened, the game would be dramatically different, and so they shouldn't arbitrarily decide things like that based on whatever they feel like.

Throwing out the first two roughs, the final one is one that a lot of refs in 2019 will call a lot of times. You just don't do it. It's a feel good penalty. And it cost them, very possibly the game.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

The "bitch" post was not a reply. And I just watched Johansson's penalty again and it's a no brainer. He skated right into him.

I don't doubt it, which is why I'm not the one trying to drag that penalty into a discussion about a post-whistle skirmish the period before as if it has relevance to it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.