GDT: 11/9/2019 1pm ET Buffalo Sabres at Tampa in ModoLand

Mustache of God

3 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

This whole idea of bringing in players because Jack went to school with them or is buddies is a bad way to build a team. Vessey, Erod. Hows has that worked out ?

I think they earned a look based on they way they played in college.  

Both are boarderline NHL players but giving them a shot is not a problem.  Remember just three years ago our farm system was in shambles.  

Edited by Pimlach

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Smart players like Kucherov don't trip players because it's usually called

Being annoyed at inconsistent officiating is not the same thing as blaming woes on the refs, just so we're all on the same page here.

Just watched it again. Lucky it wasn't embellishment on Girgensons. As for Montour, also watched it again. I'd now call it a swipe and not a punch, but it was also the third time in the sequence that Montour roughed Johnson, so I'd guess that one was a matter of the ref saying, "OK, that's enough."

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

That was probably the best period they've played in several weeks. 

Well played but Tampa just seems to have the speed edge on us. I figured Tampa was due to come around to it's game unfortunately it gets it together against us. Talented team and we're holding our own.

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Cool coverage of Stockholm, the town, the shops, the food.  

When do we get to see the Sweedish bikini team?  

38057CCB-72FC-4C1A-B04C-C8CA2D480E24.thumb.jpeg.71ffedd03ce2c1bf8ef87ec9367272e1.jpeg

And here I thought IKEA provided the best racks in Sweden.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Just watched it again. Lucky it wasn't embellishment on Girgensons. As for Montour, also watched it again. I'd now call it a swipe and not a punch, but it was also the third time in the sequence that Montour roughed Johnson, so I'd guess that one was a matter of the ref saying, "OK, that's enough."

If this sequence ever deserves a penalty, it always deserves a penalty, and the result would be that the game would be 100% special teams. It is bush league to call things sometimes and not others for this reason. Otherwise you arbitrarily change the course of the game for no reason. I'm glad you at least agree it wasn't a punch

How the actual ***** did we not score there.

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.