GDT: 11/9/2019 1pm ET Buffalo Sabres at Tampa in ModoLand

Mustache of God

It's really, really annoying how late these games start. Just do all this stuff 15 minutes earlier. It really screwed up my timing yesterday, I had carefully orchestrated a few things so I would minimize how much hockey I'd miss

But starting the game 25 minutes after the time it's supposed to "start" ***** everything up 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Our national anthem when only of few players are actually from USA, which is funny. But us based teams, I get it 

Another one of my ideas that will never be enacted: drop the Canadian anthem at home a few times a season and sing the anthem of your Swedish/Latvian/Czech etc. players instead.

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

She started the SSB nice and low, which is the key. I also liked her arrangement of it -- nice and slow with a couple different approaches than we typically hear on this side of the pond.

Screwing up the words is inexcusable.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Another one of my ideas that will never be enacted: drop the Canadian anthem at home a few times a season and sing the anthem of your Swedish/Latvian/Czech etc. players instead.

Screwing up the words is inexcusable.

I'm not so concerned about a minor flub with an extra r. She sang the instead of our, which makes perfect sense. I'd hesitate to have an American singer attempt the Swedish anthem and call out an outlier. Our anthem singers go silent for a verse so the crowd can sing, or encourage the crowd to yell "Stars!", or whatnot. Or they embellish to no end.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Very good start.

We woke up on time today. Nice shot-pass to Mitts for the tap to Johansson. Good save.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm not so concerned about a minor flub with an extra r. She sang the instead of our, which makes perfect sense. I'd hesitate to have an American singer attempt the Swedish anthem and call out an outlier. Our anthem singers go silent for a verse so the crowd can sing, or encourage the crowd to yell "Stars!", or whatnot. Or they embellish to no end.

It makes no "sense." Are you saying she shouldn't sing "our" because she's not American?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.