Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jsb

GDT: 11/8/2019 2pm ET Tampa at Buffalo Sabres in ModoLand, NBCSN and WGR550

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, bunomatic said:

We play small. There’s a difference. This team turns the other cheek. I’ve watched that hit countless times and even the officials disrespect this teams players. I heard last season when I mentioned that we need grit that our skilled guys will make teams pay by scoring goals while guys that take liberties are sitting in the sin bin. Well guess what. It rarely works that way. Someone needs to step up and we basically look the other way. Its embarassing. We don’t need thugs we need more guys that are skilled but have that fire. You see it on other teams. Why not here ? 

 

I believe it's because we're a team led by kids and what you are calling for are what men do.  Look at the faces of our guys - they aren't gritty.  We need a couple scarred up, bearded, long haired guys that are just a little nutso.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Derrico said:

Build through the draft?  We’ve had top 10 picks for 5000000 straight years and they’re still *****.  Where’s asplund?  Where’s these other non top 2 overall picks?  I like olofsson as much as anyone but he’s looking like a one trick pony and ain’t much in the way of home grown talent.

That is their plan, the team .  No spending bucks to lures here. free agent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7+6=13 said:

 

I believe it's because we're a team led by kids and what you are calling for are what men do.  Look at the faces of our guys - they aren't gritty.  We need a couple scarred up, bearded, long haired guys that are just a little nutso.  

ROR1.thumb.jpeg.6306f7bf81916da9eedca28a3c56f817.jpeg

ROR2.thumb.PNG.b01dad0a184833f2fe3c934156c5cfc1.PNG

I'm just messin

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good bulldoze of all players in front of the net. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

ROR1.thumb.jpeg.6306f7bf81916da9eedca28a3c56f817.jpeg

ROR2.thumb.PNG.b01dad0a184833f2fe3c934156c5cfc1.PNG

I'm just messin

You know ROR's got that large double double.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, inkman said:

Who is small on the Sabres besides Sheary and Skinner?

not literally...just the playing style/. peca was a big man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Appreciate the response, not saying I would do the same. Honest question, the Sabres have an analytics group, undoubtedly the coaching staff has access to the numbers, why do they choose to deploy the personnel almost diametrically opposed to how you would?

 With Housley he did not listen to the analytics people at all. Krueger was known for revamping the analytics department with Southhampton and I was hopeful that there would be additions announced to the analytics department. When Alex Mandracky and Andrew Thomas were let go by the Wild, I was hopeful one of them would be hired by the Sabres. The former is with Seattle and the latter is in the private sector. Megan Chayka runs Analytics Consulting Service that the Sabres use in addition to Jason Nightengale. Either the data is not good enough or Krueger is also resistant to using it as well, which does not make much sense. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got to watch this game as the 48 hour blackout is over. I really can't believe this is why everyone is on suicide watch. 

This was a way closer game than I would have thought reading all the bridge jumpers' post in this thread.

 

My thoughts-

Olafsson did a thing 5 on 5 but is still mostly invisible.

Sheary is useless.

Vesey is coming on. He needs to score soon.

I believe that anyone who wants Risto traded just doesn't know hockey. I know that may offend some people. I don't care. It's what I believe.

We lost for two reasons; we got out-physicalled (sorry, ink) in the first and that was the difference, and Jack played the worst game of hockey I have ever seen someone of his skill level play. That's it.

 

Pretty good game though.

Still a young season.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost forgot. D men should study Victor Hedman. He holds every time he is engaged with an opposing player and never gets called. It's pretty ingenious. He holds on to his stick but with his non dominant (lower) hand and the opposing player and it somehow doesn't look like he is holding,… I mean, at least to the refs, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Almost forgot. D men should study Victor Hedman. He holds every time he is engaged with an opposing player and never gets called. It's pretty ingenious. He holds on to his stick but with his non dominant (lower) hand and the opposing player and it somehow doesn't look like he is holding,… I mean, at least to the refs, obviously.

I was thinking the same thing about Hedman. That dude is a holding mother *****. He isn’t always so covert about it either. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and we got excellent goaltending in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 11:22 PM, bunomatic said:

We play small. There’s a difference. This team turns the other cheek. 

And yet Montour does something, gets a penalty, and Tampa wakes up.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eleven said:

And yet Montour does something, gets a penalty, and Tampa wakes up.

It's always come down to talent not this myth we don't goon it up enough. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It's always come down to talent not this myth we don't goon it up enough. 

There’s a big difference between gooning it up and playing tough and winning battles. But you know that.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

There’s a big difference between gooning it up and playing tough and winning battles. But you know that.

I really don’t think he does.😀

  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bunomatic said:

There’s a big difference between gooning it up and playing tough and winning battles. But you know that.

Winning battles is not what most are talking about when they say "we don't play physical enough". 

The team is not talented enough. It is that simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LGR4GM said:

Winning battles is not what most are talking about when they say "we don't play physical enough". 

The team is not talented enough. It is that simple. 

 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Winning battles is not what most are talking about when they say "we don't play physical enough". 

The team is not talented enough. It is that simple. 

I’m not most people. I want more talent sure but i want talent that can win battles. I’m tired of watching our guys get moved off pucks . Its maddening when theres a cheap shot and our only response is to complain to the official. Look at the teams that are in every conversation come playoff time. They have one thing in common. They go to war for each other. Like someone else said like a pack of dogs. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

 

I’m not most people. I want more talent sure but i want talent that can win battles. I’m tired of watching our guys get moved off pucks . Its maddening when theres a cheap shot and our only response is to complain to the official. Look at the teams that are in every conversation come playoff time. They have one thing in common. They go to war for each other. Like someone else said like a pack of dogs. 

We have lots of talent. Sheary is really talented. He’s just not a physical enough player to show it because he’s too busy getting shoved around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwampD said:

We have lots of talent. Sheary is really talented. He’s just not a physical enough player to show it because he’s too busy getting shoved around.

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

We have lots of talent. Sheary is really talented. He’s just not a physical enough player to show it because he’s too busy getting shoved around.

You are talking about puck skills.  That’s not talent exactly.

I consider talent to be the actual quality of the hockey player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Winning battles is not what most are talking about when they say "we don't play physical enough". 

The team is not talented enough. It is that simple. 

Tampa is plenty talented but yet they made moves to be more physical because of the way they got handled by Columbus in the playoffs.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SwampD said:

We have lots of talent. Sheary is really talented. He’s just not a physical enough player to show it because he’s too busy getting shoved around.

I'm not sure that he is really talented (compared to other NHL caliber players). I'm also not sure that he puts 100% in every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...